Rezound has an ICS leak

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seems this version is mainly going to be for devs. It is buggy based on reports.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think we'll see an AOSP version of ICS for the Rezound before we get a stable working version of SenseUI-ICS. That's what I'm waiting for - don't really care to "de-sense" that leaves behind some SenseUI elements.

I'm wondering if the capacititative buttons are causing some difficulty since there's no ICS yet (that I'm aware of) on any such device. Probably no walk in the park to remove the software buttons and re-map the functionality to the capacitative buttons.

bigdad63

Reaction score
Loved the beauty of sense widgets, absolutely hated them not being resizable. My phone is much more smooth and faster since I put the Senseless rom on my Rezound .

fallofshadows

Reaction score
The comments in rootzwiki say that some people have S-ON but are unlocked... I thought unlocking via HTC made it S-Off though? Is this going to inhibit flashing ROMs and such?

And this is exciting news. I'm not sure if I'm going to be flashing any ROMs just yet, I may just wait for ICS.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC Dev unlock and S-Off are two completely diff things.

This ICS leak is very very very unstable and very buggy and not recommended flashing unless you have a factory shipped Vigor with S-Off, S-Off allows for a far easier restore if the HBOOT changes, basically if ya don't know what your're doing, don't flash this. S-Off also allows us to re-lock the phone and show a **LOCKED** status instead of **RE-LOCKED** status in HBOOT.

HTC Dev unlock allows for perm root and custom ROM's, this gives us access to write to the system partition.

S-Off allows for flashing of custom radios and kernels (well, since a new script was written, we can flash kernels, but not the way they were meant to in fastboot).

S-Off gives us access to EVERYTHING. Unlocked bootloader gives us access to system partition.

And I agree, I love Sense and the widgets, but I hate that you can't resize them. I think an improved Sense version on top of ICS will be killer.

mjh68

Reaction score
Scott Scrosler of Scott's Cleanrom just posted a "CleanICS " up on xda , that is an asop build 99% working . XDA is down today, but it is on his website Scott'sRoms. I am at work so can't link it directly just google it and it should come up. Of course standard precautions ..read the directions highly advised !

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Scott Scrosler of Scott's Cleanrom just posted a "CleanICS " up on xda , that is an asop build 99% working . XDA is down today, but it is on his website Scott'sRoms. I am at work so can't link it directly just google it and it should come up. Of course standard precautions ..read the directions highly advised !

ScottsRoms.com

Insidious

Reaction score
Hopefully we'll see cm9 on the ICS kernel because of this. I feel that the kernel is the most vital thing from this leak.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

chevihemi

Reaction score
ScottsRom has a working ICS w/ Sense on their site. I took it for a test drive last night and its FANTASTIC!! Almost too fast in paging between home screens....Man this phone is awesome with ICS!!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the AOSP ICS to get running solid. Scott's roms are nice, but I don't use or want any part of Sense so just waiting for a clean deal.

chevihemi

Reaction score
Just ran a bench mark on ova and turned out here than gb by almost 400 for my phone.

Rooted, ROM'd, and Rezounded