Rezound goes back in time

Taco

Reaction score
I had this problem long ago on my old Samsung omnia winmo phone and never found a fix for it. Now it haunts me on my Rezound. I'm running stock rooted ics without global.

Randomly the phone will jump back in time. I won't notice it until I reply to a txt message and my reply appears hours earlier in the thread. It's a rare occurrence but an annoying one at that. I open maps to see if my GPS has placed me in a wrong time zone, but that's not so. I also manually set the time. When I revert back to using cell tower time the time goes out of whack again. A reboot or battery pull fixes the issue.

Any ideas other than factory reset? Just curious what might cause such an odd error.

Sent from my stock rooted ICS Rezound using Droid Forums!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I had this problem long ago on my old Samsung omnia winmo phone and never found a fix for it. Now it haunts me on my Rezound. I'm running stock rooted ics without global.

Randomly the phone will jump back in time. I won't notice it until I reply to a txt message and my reply appears hours earlier in the thread. It's a rare occurrence but an annoying one at that. I open maps to see if my GPS has placed me in a wrong time zone, but that's not so. I also manually set the time. When I revert back to using cell tower time the time goes out of whack again. A reboot or battery pull fixes the issue.

Any ideas other than factory reset? Just curious what might cause such an odd error.

That was actually supposed to have been fixed in one of the updates. I can't remember which though.

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Maybe it was the newest that I keep dodging. Thanks.

Snoking

Reaction score

Arizona was a problem area for time shifts. Chris