Returnin Droid To Verizon. What is stock boot animation?

GoBlazers

Reaction score
I need to return my phone to Verizon because of a hardware issue. I was able to restore my Droid to stock and unroot. But I can't remember what the stock boot animation is. I'm concerned that my method of restoring to stock didnt correct the boot animation.

Can anyone help be by describing what the stock boot animation looks like? Or by telling me how I can guarantee that I have the stock boot animation installed before I return it.

Thanks

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
The standard Droid boot animation Is an eye that's red. Looks kinds mechanical. It pulses and than goes into the word Droid. Sorry I'm not good at descibing things.

Moto Droid / S.S. 5.2

OP
G

GoBlazers

Reaction score
I think i have the wrong annimation. Mine starts with the word droid in white. And then switches to the pulsing red eye. Pulsing red horizontally outward from the pupil. something like this ( -o- ) --> (- o -)

mcapozzi

Reaction score
Your best bet to restore a Droid to stock before returning it would be to SBF the phone.

Using a stock .zip file to flash the phone leaves the boot logo unchanged.

Here is the thread that you are looking for, flashing this file should return the boot logo back to what it should be.

So I would root the phone again, flash this file in Clockwork, then unroot the phone.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/19433-stock-boot-animation.html