restoring contacts after roms

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
so i am about to install a custom rom, and i was wondering if ti backup restores contacts as well as apps. if not, what can i do to save my contacts so they can be restored after i wipe? and no i dont want to sync to google

OP
S

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
nvm i think i got it, in the "people" app theres a feature to export to sd, i did that

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sync with google - easiest way. then as soon as u sign in itll start resyncing all the contacts

OP
S

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
yeah but then you gotta transfer all your phone contacts to google, you have to relink facebook for each and every person, and my google account has so many spam contacts (it saves everyone i have ever sent or received an email from, i have hundreds from craigslist alone). i prefered this method better. but if your going from aosp to sense based or vice versa, then yeah google sync would fit the case better

Alucardsyco

Reaction score
yeah but then you gotta transfer all your phone contacts to google, you have to relink facebook for each and every person, and my google account has so many spam contacts (it saves everyone i have ever sent or received an email from, i have hundreds from craigslist alone). i prefered this method better. but if your going from aosp to sense based or vice versa, then yeah google sync would fit the case better

You can open your People app and change your settings so it shows only people with phone numbers attached to them. It also has several different options if that alone doesn't suit your tastes.

orangespot

Reaction score
So thats for restoring contacts but what about other data like, craigslist notifications and my mobile banking accounts? Any ideas for that?