Restore Original GN2 Keyboard (with full row of numbers)

Batman8

Reaction score
This may sound like a small request, but it is very frustrating to me that for some reason my GN2 has lost the original keyboard that has the row of numbers on top. I have uninstalled Smart Keyboard Pro just in case it was conflicting with the original one, but now I still can't get the original keyboard back!

I have rebooted as well as done a battery pull, but nothing will reset it and bring it back. PLEASE HELP. The full keyboard/dedicated number row is one of the best things about typing on the GN2 compared to the other/smaller screen devices.

Thx.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Not having the device, I would say a factory reset should bring it back if you are unable to get it any other way.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Have you gone to Settings/Language and Input and selected the default keyboard there? Also check the options for that keyboard and see if there are layout options.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Have you gone to Settings/Language and Input and selected the default keyboard there? Also check the options for that keyboard and see if there are layout options.

Miller6386, after reading your post it reminded me of one of the settings that I forgot to check. Now all is well. Thanks much!!

williamrd

Reaction score
You said that you remembered the setting

I'm also trying to find out how to get the top row of dedicated numbers back on my keyboard. What setting did you reset?