Rerouting Computer Audio to Phone Speakers?

zanga254

Reaction score
Hey guys, im a new member here but used DF for a while now. I was wondering if there was a way to route the audio that would usually be played through a computer speaker or a plugged in headphone from the computer, and make it play from the droid speakers? I have an asus laptop, so it doesn't have bluetooth built in. What i want to accomplish is once i get the sound playing from the droid, connect my bluetooth headphones to the droid and be able to use the droid as a wireless transmitter for the computer audio. Basically a bluetooth adapter. Thanks in advance.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So you want to stream your music from your PC to your Droid?

I used to use an app called Homepipe. You would have the software sink up to your music and then you'd be able to play audio through your Droid.

As for just straight bluetooth connection, don't think it works that way. At least I haven't seen anything like it.

OP
zanga254

zanga254

Reaction score
Thanks for the Reply dezymond, but im looking for something...say...when im watching a youtube video and need to stream audio live.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Just buy a $5 bluetooth adapter for your laptop

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

viper7th

Reaction score
"Yeah i know about that, just wondering if there was a different way using my droid."

- I am looking for something just like this. I have a macbook (the small white version) and the speakers suck. I am looking for a way that I can play the audio from the computer (hopefully stream over wifi or via bluetooth) thru my Samsung Epic's speakers (not a droid, I know). I am certain there has to be a way to do this, maybe I have to plug the phone into the comp? I would most certainly rather have it wirless, of course. I am good with phones, however I do not yet posses the capabilities to write something of this complexity. CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP US!?!?!?!? PLEASE!!!!!!!

deftdrummer

Reaction score
I too am looking for something like this, particularly so I can lay in bed and watch from my imac with headphones on. The computer is rather far from my bed. I believe Soundflower needs to get on up in this action and make an app.