Request to change Android calendar reminders into Outlook like events

bman505

Reaction score
Has an app come out yet allowing the Droid to sync with outlook? My calender is my job.

OP
jns.das

jns.das

Reaction score
Has an app come out yet allowing the Droid to sync with outlook? My calender is my job.

Actually there is... Google Calendar Sync:

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

I am running Version: 0.9.3.5 and it has worked flawlessly syncing both directions. However, that being said, Googles calendar Sucks big time. I am constantly missing appointments over this "Snooze all" or "dismiss all" bull crap. For god sake I can speak into my phone and it can dictate a paragraph for me so I don't have to type while driving (theoretically, lol, its illegal in NJ to text and drive) but I can't get a better working calendar on my phone???

snakeyes

Reaction score

Actually there is... Google Calendar Sync:

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

I am running Version: 0.9.3.5 and it has worked flawlessly syncing both directions. However, that being said, Googles calendar Sucks big time. I am constantly missing appointments over this "Snooze all" or "dismiss all" bull crap. For god sake I can speak into my phone and it can dictate a paragraph for me so I don't have to type while driving (theoretically, lol, its illegal in NJ to text and drive) but I can't get a better working calendar on my phone???
I agree with you about the calendar but what i have been doing lately is whn multiple events pop up you can click on the actual event and edit the start time. I know its not as simple but it is my current work around until something better.

OP
jns.das

jns.das

Reaction score
Thank you! That's actually the best suggestion I've heard so far... I wonder how it will effect re occurances???

snakeyes

Reaction score
That im not sure about all my events are usually 1 time deals. but let me know if you could so i know what to expect whe setting up recurring events.

snakeyes

Reaction score
Oh the other thindg i noticed when you do that the duration of the event stays the same so if it is a 3 hour event when you adjust the begin time the end time automatically changes to keep it at 3hrs.

OP
jns.das

jns.das

Reaction score
I sure will. I have a lot of reoccurances.

P_McNeal

Reaction score
This is an annoyance for me as well. If the event hasn't happened yet, I've added new reminders to pop up for 5/10 minutes before or whatever, but changing the whole event after the deadline is sketchy (especially for repeats).

I've skirted this a bit by pulling my task-related (non-appt) items out of the calendar and putting them into Astrid. Then I can re-snooze them for many hours/minutes if I want to. It's not my first choice, since I like a single view of all my obligations, but it helps a bit.

I'm waiting for Pimlico to bring out his Android app, then I'm back to the efficient methods I used on my Palm.

kipepeo

Reaction score
I have the same request as the OP. One of the reasons I got the droid was because I wanted a pocket calendar like Outlook on my PC's. I've been searching for days for a solution. I do not want to sync the calendar with any other right now...maybe later, but now I want full calendar functionality in my droid. I'm very disappointed that this was overlooked in the calendar supplied with the phone.

mpunt

Reaction score
Still not sure what would happen with multiple reminders at the same time, but I would think if you don't snooze, dismiss, or click them, they should stay.

Whenever I hit "Snooze All" when multiple reminders exist, I lose one reminder completely (the first one) and the other one reappears in the 10 minutes snooze. Ridiculous.

JerrytheGreat

Reaction score
I too, and having a really hard time with my droid, and I am constantly missing or running late for appointments. I have, on average 5-6 appointments a day, and this phone is seriously imparing my ability to be on time. I lost a $1000 job last week because I was late--NO BUENO!!!

JerrytheGreat

Reaction score
I keep hoping "Missed Call" will finish this "slated" functionality, but to-date, the developer hasn't done it. I also do not see the fix listed as an item in the upcoming 2.1 software release.

arnoldl

Reaction score
Try the 'calendar snooze' app from the market!

grtx , arnold

OP
jns.das

jns.das

Reaction score
Try the 'calendar snooze' app from the market!

grtx , arnold

Works brilliantly! Thanks. I got the pay version. Been using for 2-3 weeks now and its great.

OP
jns.das

jns.das

Reaction score
Calendar snooze!
its in the mkt place! Thanks to whoever made this!!!!