Request for Phone tracker

Sam Fisher

Reaction score
Im looking for a phone tracker type app that can track another phones gps, or maby sync 2 phones together so you can pull up your gps and see where the other is like a spy app or something. maby the both need to be rooted or something im not sure but im sure a good dev could pull it off.

HarshReality

Reaction score
Why not just use Location? Add both phones to each others contacts and then allow location to view and you should show up on each others lil map.

th9203

Reaction score
If you are talking about Latitude (instead of Location) it is a lousy app. There is no certainty of when or if it will update any of the people that you are trying to share location data with.

Take a look at Glympse. It requires both parties to be willing participants and does not act as a "spy". It is accurate if used with GPS.

and no - I am not associated with the dev...

ska8r411

Reaction score
Come on someone make a app like this. SO MANY PEOPLE would pay for this!!
The icon would have to be hidden. Tho because that's a big giveaway.

jroal

Reaction score
Actually I was thinking the same thing. I developed A2DP Volume that does car location so I know what this would take. The hardest part is how to exchange the info. Latitude uses a central server. This would need that as well. Since this original post Latitude has improved. It now has a tracking feature that does spawn the location listeners on the other persons phone for a set period of time. I have tested it and it works OK most of the time. However, as was pointed out on this thread, Latitude is not too reliable.

There are other services out there too. Verizon has the family locator but they want big $$$ every month for that. There is also iHound which is a bit less but still a subscription service.

I considered an SMS based app but that gets real messy and you would have constant notifications. I suppose a POP email based system could work where you set up a POP account that you disable all notifications for. This would also allow not only phone-to-phone updates but also phone-to-PC. Still clunky though.

In the end I think this needs a bit more thought. By the time more thought has produced an app, Latitude will probably work great.

th9203

Reaction score
Lookup available in the Market

Lookup (myLookup.com) can locate your partners phone using GPS. You have to get an account, log into their web site and put in a request to locate the device but it works very well and is accurate to about 2 meters. It has other functions that you may or may not be interested in. It is worth a look. :icon_eek: Latitude is still a worthless application. Until it makes updates on demand it will remain so. JMOHO

I am a user with no other association to Lookup.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have an app called Mobile Defense but its no longer in the market.

DroidForums junkie!

Decrypticshadow

Reaction score
Do you mean Lookout?

I've been using the app "Lookout". You can use the website to look up a phones gps as long as they are registered and have the app downloaded as well. Then save the login for your partner out child's phone for the website mylookout.com and your can scan the gps of the phone's location as close as 6 meters.

Just search Lookout in the android market place. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

pyroelite

Reaction score
Lookout worked pretty darn good when my bro's phone got lifted at the bar... Tracked em to the apts & everything, but cops wouldn't do more than knock on the door cuz we didn't see them physically take it... then we came up with the "don't get mad, get even plan."

Any apps that function like spyware are prob reluctant to be made cuz it's basically a felony to install/operate them without the user's consent & most pay versions are scams.