Replacing the dialer

armedmonkey

Reaction score
So I've decided I don't really like the dialer in Liberty. I thought I'd give Dialer One a try, and it's good, except for it doesn't replace the part that bothers me most... the in-call screen. Isn't that part of the dialer app? How do I replace that?

mikex

Reaction score
I'm with you I wish we had the option to put the blur dialer or something like it on. Does the new liberty dialer let you do speed dial?

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Nope, only favorites. That still kinda doesn't answer my question though (I know that you don't know probably, but to reiterate..)

1) does dialer one have the ability to replace the call screen
2) which apk needs to be replaced, and if "no" to number 1, what is an alternative?

Reaction score
Dialer One cannot replace the in-call screen. No other dialer can do this.
BluePhone.apk is what you are talking about, but it requires a lot of the blur framework which is taken out in Liberty (and Gummy, Rubix, Fission, etc).
It's this removal of Blur framework and re-compiling of as many AOSP sources as possible that makes Liberty what it is.
If you must have the Blur framework, you might look at Apex. it retains most of the Blur Framework, but optimizes and removes other items that don't overly effect the blur components.

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Rah... thanks Zaphod, you truly are the most important person in the universe ;).

I don't specifically want the blur one... i just hate not having landscape mode - know any other replacements I can find on the web that might do the trick?