Replacing Menu Icons

kramerica

Reaction score
I am trying to find the actual image to replace the "preference" and "notifications" in the menu settings. I am also trying to replace the "send" icon in Gmail. I can't find them anywhere and I'm guessing it might be more involved than changing the notification icons in the status bar.

I am using Ninjamorph and could use some guidance if at all possible. My searches for "replace", "change", "menu" icons using Ninjamorph, Metamorph and without. I have red boxed the items I am referring to.

Help?!

UPDATE: I got the Gmail "send" icons replaced, but I cannot find the home screen menu icons (i.e. the LPP ScreenShot picture) in anything. I will include if anyone wants them. They are by no means professional, but.... It works for me (including 2 Gmail "send" enabled/disabled ones)(credit stewart1champ for the icons)

UPDATE 2: Launcher Pro is actually located in data/app as com.fede.launcher.apk (thank you Skaggz on this forum)

Last edited:

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are those not in the framework-res.apk?

It could have also been replaced by your Launcher you chose... so it may be inside that .apk as well.

OP
K

kramerica

Reaction score
I looked in the framework and no luck. I also can't find the app for launcher pro in my system app drawer file either. There is a launcher but its the stock launcher that does not have the "preference" icon located in there. Perhaps because the setting icon says preference. What the crap?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
K

kramerica

Reaction score
Change launcher pro menu icons

I had to piece this together from this forum, but this is how I did it. You might have different luck doing it another way or it might not work at all.

What you will need:

Ninjamorph (directions to use Ninjamorph can be found on this site)
Root Explorer

1. Open Root Explorer
2. Go to data/app and find "com.fede.launcher.apk"
3. Long press on this file and chose "move"
4. Escape twice back to root.
5. Make sure you are mounted with r/w
6. Go to system/app and chose "paste"
7. Close Root Explorer
8. Open Ninjamorph and follow the normal file replacement procedures.
9. After completing the project, reboot.

I did not put the "com.fede.launcher.apk" back in the data/app folder after completing the changes.

Last edited:
OP
K

kramerica

Reaction score
Replacing Edit Contacts Menu Icons?

Ok, same story. I have actually waited to post until I went through every one of the apk files before I decided that it's probably in front of my face. Can't find the *%$^& .png files for these menu icons while in a contact edit mode. I went through the phone and telephony and every contact apk in system AND data app folders. I went through the Blur Contacts apk 8 times and every other apk that had something to do with contacts to no avail.

I am running Apex on a Droid X.

Here is the menu I am looking at. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find the actual image to replace the "preference" and "notifications" in the menu settings. I am also trying to replace the "send" icon in Gmail. I can't find them anywhere and I'm guessing it might be more involved than changing the notification icons in the status bar.

I am using Ninjamorph and could use some guidance if at all possible. My searches for "replace", "change", "menu" icons using Ninjamorph, Metamorph and without. I have red boxed the items I am referring to.

Help?!

UPDATE: I got the Gmail "send" icons replaced, but I cannot find the home screen menu icons (i.e. the LPP ScreenShot picture) in anything. I will include if anyone wants them. They are by no means professional, but.... It works for me (including 2 Gmail "send" enabled/disabled ones)(credit stewart1champ for the icons)

UPDATE 2: Launcher Pro is actually located in data/app as com.fede.launcher.apk (thank you Skaggz on this forum)

What keyboard is that if you don't mind me asking?

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

ArykMeyer

Reaction score
ok sorry i'm really new to changing menus and icons. two questions;
where would i find instructions on how to change the icons myself?
and where would i find icons like the ones in nextheme or watermark'd?
specifically i would like to know where to find those icons if anyone knows

thanks!