Replaced digitizer doesn't work.

Drahkri

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I replaced my shattered digitizer and it isn't working. I would go back to the original shattered one, but it was torn when I removed it due to the glue they had used. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Notes:

I have been testing it out without it fully assembled so that it would be easy to work on in case the fix did not work. Could this somehow be the problem?

When removing the ear piece and connector to the digitizer, I may have damaged the contact bar between two small contacts next to the connector. I have tested it with it the connecting bar and I also soldered it back on and got nothing (not easy, trust me).

Otherwise, I really have no idea. I do have a droid one I may be able to cross test some parts on later on this week.

Any ideas guys?

TD2000

Reaction score
Replace Digitizer - How did you do it?

Im in the process of replacing the digitizer and got stuck. I can't figure out how to seperate the LCD and front frame from the digitizer.

kysersoesae

Reaction score
digitizer replacement

There is a 5min step by step video on youtube to rreplace the front digitizer on the droid 2 .just type in keyword replace frnt glass on droid 2.

ockky

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat drahkri. Were you ever able to get yours fixed? i've taken my apart a good 15 times now and at best the phone will allow me to unlock it once or twice, but then quits working after that. even when i do get lucky and unlock the phone, it's completely unusable. I just soldered teh flex cable down but i think i pulled part of it up as i was reconnecting everything..such a pain in the butt

at this point, i'm really just hoping the GS3 is released in Apr and not May.