Repeated Maps Force Close

joekinde

Reaction score
Beginning around noon today, I began receiving an error message stating that "The application Maps (process com.google.android.apps.maps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." This message appears repeatedly, without even attempting to open the Maps application. In fact, opening the Maps application appears to have no bearing on the error message, and pressing FC from within the application doesn't in fact shut the application down. The error occurs about every 30 seconds or so. When I press Report from the error prompt, I receive the same error message again before I have the ability to send out the first error report.

I have a decent number of apps, but haven't come close to filling up the memory. I haven't d/l any new apps in the last two weeks.

Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot this problem? Thx.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
First off, try rebooting if you haven't already. :)

Next, check the market to see if there's an update waiting or one you can uninstall and try to reinstall. Third, clear the downloaded data for Maps in the application manager.

If none of these work we'll try to fix you up other ways. Are you rooted?

OP
J

joekinde

Reaction score
I had tried rebooting and checking for updates, to no avail.

But, I cleared the data as suggested, and that appears to have done the trick! Without the un/re-install. Much gratitude!