Removing contacts in text message contact list.

davechev

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and not a technical guy. When my friend set up my DNA he brought over every contact from social media and other mail sites etc. I would like to delete these contacts so when I want to send a text I don't have to search through so many names. When I click on the people icon in the phone , I have the only contacts I want. However if I want to send a text and click on "compose" and click "people", my contacts I want come up, and then, below that are listed all the social media and other email contacts and more. Those are the ones I need to delete. Please advise and thank You!!

mamawm

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. i'm not into social media stuff so not much of an issue for me. however, the first thing i would advise is to go into settings>accounts & Sync, and make sure none of you social media accounts are listed there, if they are uncheck, and that should remove their info from your contacts. you may need to reboot the phone afterwards for the changes to take effect.

Mods, could this thread be moved to the dna forum. it might get more exposure and assistance over there.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread moved
On my Rezound I go to People and at the top where it says phonebook with a little arrow I tap it and uncheck those contacts I don't want to show up anywhere. That stops my Facebook contacts from showing up.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post