Removing ClockworkMod Recovery

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to go back to stock so that I can get the new Gingerbread OTA update for my Droid 2. I restored an old backup I had of Froyo before I flashed Liberty and unrooted but I can't download the OTA. I still have ClockworkMod Recovery on my phone and every time I turn the phone off and on, the phone boots into ClockworkMod Recovery first.

I've read ways of deleting certain files (hijack, logwrapper, and renaming logwrapper.bin) is suppose to get rid of ClockworkMod Recovery, but however, this hasn't worked. Any help is appreciated and I'd rather not have to SBF as the instructions I have seen seem quite complicated (not to mention the resources availabe seem to have been deleted in older threads).

Thank you. :)

Jonas

Reaction score
Sbf is pretty much your only option unless you want to rip apart the software of your phone. Sbf isn't as complicated as it seems. If you need help, let me know through pm, I can walk you through it.

Sent from my Banana Phone

lizard

Reaction score
I used TBH.sbf. works like a charm.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You would haven't to go in and delete the logwrapper file, rename a different file to logwrapper etc... It's just easier to sbf if you don't know what you're doing :)