Removing Clockwork Recovery Mod

buckley101

Reaction score
Hi I have been receiving the OTA 2.2.1 update and the Clockwork Recovery Mod isn't allowing me to update my phone. I know I can manually do it but I want to take it off my phone completely. Can I please have some help on how to remove it? I have uninstalled ROM Manager and I have deleted a folder on my SD called clockwork recovery but it is still there. HELP PLEASE!! Thanks in advance!

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You need to unroot if u want to remove clockwork. There is a very simple process on this forum. Search unroot. You can download a zip that takes you to stock not rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
How did u unroot?

OP
B

buckley101

Reaction score
The same way I rooted. I dont remember what it was but it was a program a downloaded on my computer and all I did was plug in my phone and click root or unroot and it did it all for me.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Since u still have clockwork you can search unroot and do that method to get back to stock. Or you can sbf back to stock if u know how to do that. The one click unroot usually will take superuser permissions away but wont touch your recovery. So u need to take care of your recovery. When I returned my phone I searched unroot and did the zip. I used to sbf everything. But u need to do one or the other methods to clean up your recovery.

OP
B

buckley101

Reaction score
okay I found the zip file to unroot but I've been reading and suposidly people are having problems with it. I ultimately want to download the new sapphire 2.0 but I wanted to start from the beginning. IF I finally do get this to work and the recovery is taken off and everything is completely unrooted do I have to root before installing sapphire or can I just install it using ROM Manager and it automatically gives me superuser permission and busybox?

OP
B

buckley101

Reaction score
Sorry for another post but I tried installing an unroot zip file and it said installation failed. Form what I read this is common and I really don't know how to unroot anymore. Do you have any suggestions?

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry. I was away. U ok?

OP
B

buckley101

Reaction score
Yea I got everything to work thanks. But one last question. If i'm rooted and I install the official 2.2 update to my phone does it unroot me?

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you're rooted without a special recovery that blocks the install then yes you will lose root. Best to dl the deodexed rooted ota by metiCkOne or someone. You may have problems rerooting if u accept and install official ota