Removing Apps and Icons

martysv

Reaction score
I was wondering if I can remove apps/icons I will not be using. I don't like the clutter. I am talking about programs like Verizon Visual Mail or the Calendar, etc.

Thanks

Breathe Peace,

Marty

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can remove them from your home screen by pressing on them and holding down for a seconded, and then you can drag it down to the bottom and put it in the trashcan. You cannot how remove them from the main program listing.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can remove them from your home screen by pressing on them and holding down for a seconded, and then you can drag it down to the bottom and put it in the trashcan. You cannot how remove them from the main program listing.

The applications you get on your phone such as the ones you listed are the ones i mention about in my above posting, the ones you install from the app store you can remove the way the above posting describes.

pwo

Reaction score
There's a HACK for that....eventually.....

That stuff is on there for now, it is just like all the bloat the Verizon and att put on all there phones. But this is stuff that most people will use, instead of the useless stuff they usually put on there. Although the bloat is really slimmed down to a bear minimum on this phone so feel lucky that Google didn't let Verizon put everything they wanted to on there. Soon enough there will be hacks to remove this stuff, if you don't mind voiding warranties and such....

Ask again?

pwo

Reaction score
Smilepak,
No,No, No he is talking about the apps that are included into the Verizon & android 2.0 build. Not the stuff you just download. For example try to remove Email, corporate calender, amazon mp3, maps, gallery and etc. from your phone. That is what I got from his post....maybe he is not talking about that.

And if he is not, he should have used the search function on this site instead of starting a new thread as there are already at least six threads discussing the same thing.:icon_ nono2: come on people...

Ask again?

Last edited by a moderator:

pwo

Reaction score
but he did list calendar as one that he would like to remove, so I believe I am correct on the advice...