Remove Verizon OTA and Modified Stock Kernel

mtmichaelson

Reaction score
Hello all! Here is a way to get rid of that pesky OTA pop up and replace the kernel!!! A big huge thank you needs to be given to djrbliss for finding and creating a workaround for the locked bootloader!!! Now we finally have control of OUR devices!!!!!

What is this?
This is removing all files involved with Verizons OTA and the stock kernel that has been modified using Loki (created by djrbliss) to bypass the boot loader. It has also been modified to not throw the security error when removing the videos.apk.

How do I install this?
1.) Download the .zip
2.) Place zip on sdcard
3.) Reboot into 2nd Init Recovery
4.) Back up
5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
6.) Select RemoveOTA.zip
7.) Reboot!

Technical Info
This replaces your boot.img which includes the kernel. It has been modified to bypass the locked boot loader. Djrbliss created Loki to do this. I have patched the stock boot.img using Loki and have modified the files that send the security error. It also removes all files associated with Verizons OTA, and removes update button in Settings. This does void your warranty. I did not make you install it. I did not brick your phone. I am not responsible for any mistakes that you have made.

Special Thanks!!!
djrbliss for finding a way around the bootloader

Donations
For those that enjoy the work that I have done and would like to support my efforts financially CLICK HERE, any amount is greatly appreciated

Thomas23Male

Reaction score
Is there anyway you can get this file back up the verizon OTA is starting to annoy me very much