reformat sd?

alitke

Reaction score
I have tried the roms with apps2sd and found out that if I install any apps they say unsuccessfully installed. If I turn off apps2sd it works. I have tried chevys 4.1 and BB's. I have ton wipes resets and all but nothing. I am thinking maybe the sd has an issue and a reformat might help however what happens to my phone if I use the phone to unmount and reformat the card. Will anything happen with my phone being rooted and rom'd?

I am going to save everything to my laptop but just do not want to ruin my phone.

angler1

Reaction score
I have formatted many times with no ill effects. Just move whatever files you want to keep to your computer, backups and music.and what not. Format your card and then move whatever backups you need back onto it. Should not have any problem. Good luck

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
Did you format via computer or use the onboard way. Ie use the phones own function to wipe it?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To do a true hard format google Fat32 formatter

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
Well I just want to know if I can do it while in the phone or not.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Settings>SD Card and Phone Storage> Format SD card...if it's greyed out then click unmount.

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
I know how to do that but will it negatively affect the phone in any way if done that way through the phone with it being rooted?

angler1

Reaction score
I know how to do that but will it negatively affect the phone in any way if done that way through the phone with it being rooted?

I have never had a problem anxious have only ever had a rooted phone excw for the first week I owned it.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't see why it would.

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score

I have never had a problem anxious have only ever had a rooted phone excw for the first week I owned it.

What? Your auto correct made you sound crazy

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I've formatted my card a couple times. Like another poster said just save what you want to you pc and format in the phone. Then move your stuff back. It won't do anything to the phone.

Sent from my Droid