Reducing apps in the background

brucebanner77

Reaction score
After having an issue with my would the keyboard lagging, I've been made aware of apps that run in the background. I have a few questions I need the experts to help me with. Here goes.

If I log out of my Facebook app, that stop it from running in the background? Because then it would not constantly push notifications thru.

I use 3 separate apps for email, Gmail, yahoo, and Outlook. Would it be more efficient to use the email app that comes on the phone. As only one app would running, looking to push notifications thru, vs 3 apps running?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I can't answer the FB question since I don't use it. At one point I also used the Yahoo Mail app, the Outlook mail app, the stock Mail app and G Mail. I combined them all into G Mail to try it and didn't like it (no color coding and they all bled together). Some folks love it, but I didn't. Now I use the GMail app for G mail and have my Yahoo, the Bellsouth account from our ISP, and our Hotmail account all setup in the stock Mail app. I set them each up on a sync schedule (30 minutes, 15 minutes, etc.) I have only seen that app running in the background when its time to sync mail. It does not seem to cause any lag for me and almost never shows up as a battery user. The Yahoo Mail app that my wife insists on using (with no sync schedule....always on a push schedule) is always running and always in the top 10 battery users on her phone.

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
What is a good app for consolidating email accounts. I can't can't get the stock one to work. Either says my password/username is incorrect (but it is) or that I can't connect to server. Googled the symptoms and its a common problem with not common answer.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
A lot of people speak very highly of Blue Mail and K9 mail. Both are free (I believe). I tried Blue Maul for a while and liked it. Seems like a good mail app to help keep multiple accounts organized.

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Couldn't find blue mail in the play store. And after reading the most recent reviews for K9 I was made aware they aren't as good as they use to be. I also learned Gmail allows you to sync other accounts to it. So I'll be trying that out.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry, I forgot they changed the name to Type Mail. Buy yes, the G Mail app does support syncing mail from multiple accounts. It works pretty good, I was just not crazy about it, but that's just my opinion, lots of other folks seem to like it.

Email Type Mail - Free - Android Apps on Google Play

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Oh ok. Yeah I saw the type mail app lol. Np. I FINALLY (after 2hours) got the Gmail set up with the other accounts.