Recovery Mode

naflsh

Reaction score
I am currently still on Miui V2 (the first rom) I have been trying to install the new rom and cannot boot up into recovery mode. Every time I try to hold the X down it sticks on the M logo. I have rom manager and it does a boot loop on the M logo and then just reboots. I have no idea what I did. Any ideas on how to fix this.

Thanks

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you can go to rom manager and flash the sprecovery...then flash back to clockwork...or a previous version of clockwork.

If all that fails...you can reflash sprecovery via RSD lite..and reflash the sbf file from motocache.

Then...go back to rom manager and flash clockwork recovery...im pretty sure your backups will still be there as they are put on your /sdcard/clockwork/backups

I had an issue with v2 and clockwork myself. Several of the backups I did would not restore because there was a MD5 mismatch. I had to go all the way back to my very first backup which was stock rooted and start all over.

Anytime I do backups of my rom now...I always do it through rom manager instead of clockwork recovery. I have not had an m5 mismatch since.

OP
N

naflsh

Reaction score
First option worked for me! dancedroid Thanks for the help with that.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
no problema...glad you got it working again. :)