Recovery Mode Doesn't Work

dh1234567

Reaction score
Hey guys, I can go into the thing with the skateboarding Androids. But, when I want to go into recovery I just get a black screen. Whenever I take the battery out and put in in it works fine again. It's arooted Droid Incredible by the way.

Please help!:)

Last edited:

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Follow the link in my signature to fix the black screen with white bars issue in recovery. It's because you have an SLCD Incredible but is easily fixable.

OP
D

dh1234567

Reaction score
Recovery Mode(again)

Hey guys,

I'm getting the black screen with white bars when I try to go into recovery. I tried following DOug Piston's tutorial. I put the file on the root of the SD card and when I went into hboot nothing happened. He said to format the SD card or something? Please help me because I want to be able to get custom kernels so I can use wifi tether.

Please reply!

P.S. I'm an Android newb!

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
SD card needs to be formatted to FAT32. You can do this by connecting your phone as a disk drive, locating the SD card, and transferring all your files to a folder on your computer. Then right click the drive, format, select FAT32, and click okay. When the formatting is done you can drag the files back off your computer and onto your card.

OP
D

dh1234567

Reaction score
SD card needs to be formatted to FAT32. You can do this by connecting your phone as a disk drive, locating the SD card, and transferring all your files to a folder on your computer. Then right click the drive, format, select FAT32, and click okay. When the formatting is done you can drag the files back off your computer and onto your card.
Is it possible to do this on Mac. If not can you give me a step by step on how to fix the white bars in recovery. If you could Skype me or something that would be awesome.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't have a Mac so I'm not sure what to tell you there. As for step-by-step instructions, see my sig.

OP
D

dh1234567

Reaction score
Don't have a Mac so I'm not sure what to tell you there. As for step-by-step instructions, see my sig.
How do I do the thing where I root my Incredible again with a custom recovery? Doug says that's the way to do it if you don't want to use hboot.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
From the tutorial:
Extract the file above somewhere you remember. Open the root tool (Unrevoked) again and select file --> custom recovery. Then select the recovery.img from the extracted zip. Plug in phone, enable usb debugging and re-run root tool.

OP
D

dh1234567

Reaction score
Alright, I get that part. Will rerooting make me lose all my data?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, it shouldn't make you lose anything, but back things up just in case.