Recomended FlashRom for GrandPrime?

xdegenerate

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Grand Prime
Hey all,

I learned the hard way my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime G530FZ didn't like the custom firmware I put on it. (dont know what it was, its gone now, and i'm back to stock) It never started up outside of recovery mode and updates would cause reboots.

Have you had this particular model and successfully rooted it? What firmware did you flash?

Thanks,

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
you might want to go to th xda forums. they have experts there who's familiar with rooting and roms. the problem with rooting and roms is they must be for the specific model number of your phone taking in consideration the country you are in and the service provider the phone was made for and more.

I was almost burned recently by a rom for a tablet I had. the site look good and it had what I needed, until I realized it was a scam. you have to be very careful.

JandN2639

Reaction score
Also, at least in the US, rooting a phone is often--if not always--a violation of the cellular service's warranty agreement. Know first whether rooting will jeopardize your service agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
X

xdegenerate

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Grand Prime
Hey all,

I learned the hard way my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime G530FZ didn't like the custom firmware I put on it. (dont know what it was, its gone now, and i'm back to stock) It never started up outside of recovery mode and updates would cause reboots.

Have you had this particular model and successfully rooted it? What firmware did you flash?

Thanks,

I tried them, but they never answer me.

Thanks,

OP
X

xdegenerate

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Grand Prime
you might want to go to th xda forums. they have experts there who's familiar with rooting and roms. the problem with rooting and roms is they must be for the specific model number of your phone taking in consideration the country you are in and the service provider the phone was made for and more.

I was almost burned recently by a rom for a tablet I had. the site look good and it had what I needed, until I realized it was a scam. you have to be very careful.
Also, at least in the US, rooting a phone is often--if not always--a violation of the cellular service's warranty agreement. Know first whether rooting will jeopardize your service agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The phone is out of warranty anyway.

OP
X

xdegenerate

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Grand Prime
Thanks, i'll give em a go.