Reception Issues

ckkbleev

Reaction score
Right now, I'm getting 101dBm 4G and 88dBm 1X. At work it gets all the way to 120+ 4G, then drops off to 85+ 3G, plus I work outside 95% of the time. I'm super bummed. I'm seriously considering selling this phone on eBay and picking up a Droid MAXX, but I'd have a hard time letting this go.

harp666

Reaction score
The only other thing that I can think of is to have you go to settings, network mode,change the default from global to LTE/cdma..also for global data setting ...select "Allow for all trips."

harp666

Reaction score
After making these changes,turn phone off,take SIM out and reinstall SIM then turn back on.

ckkbleev

Reaction score
It's kind of hard to tell because I'm at work right now, but after I followed your instructions, it spiked at 110dBm 4G. Maybe I have a unit with a bad radio.

harp666

Reaction score
At this point it sounds as if you may indeed have an antenna/Radio issue.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
This is a tough one because the G2 actually has done the impossible according to MANY online trusted forum friends and others I'd trust less. LG has a radio that matches AND excels when it comes to matching up with Motorola (this only applies on the G2, older LG's I've heard weren't so hot). People are getting service now in areas within their work buildings where previously they had none. The G2 user still has 4G while the other is on 3G or Edge. I'd try all these recommended fixes. Sorry I can't help much more than as radios aren't my forte.evem though in my business they should be.. Lol. Best of luck to you, and I really mean it.