Recent apps software button is lagging...???

305rev305

Reaction score
Has anyone notice a lag on the recent apps software button (bottom right) ? It happens on mine only when it's full of recent apps...once I reboot the phone or clear all recent apps then there's no lag. I need to know cause I'm about to exchange it for another one if mine is faulty

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Has anyone notice a lag on the recent apps software button (bottom right) ? It happens on mine only when it's full of recent apps...once I reboot the phone or clear all recent apps then there's no lag. I need to know cause I'm about to exchange it for another one if mine is faulty

I recall hearing testers saying that the task switcher button was pretty laggy. How many apps are you filling it up with?

I tend to pull it up and flick off all the apps I don't see myself going back to anytime soon. There's no point in having 30 apps in the task switcher at the same time -- it'll take longer to find and switch to it than it would to go back to the app drawer and re-open it. But when you've got 5 or 6 apps running that you'll switch between, it's freaking wonderful.

OP
305rev305

305rev305

Reaction score
I recall hearing testers saying that the task switcher button was pretty laggy. How many apps are you filling it up with?

I tend to pull it up and flick off all the apps I don't see myself going back to anytime soon. There's no point in having 30 apps in the task switcher at the same time -- it'll take longer to find and switch to it than it would to go back to the app drawer and re-open it. But when you've got 5 or 6 apps running that you'll switch between, it's freaking wonderful.

Right now I have 16 open apps and it lags a bit. It's not unusable but it lags a bit. Is there a way to NOT let apps appear in the recent apps?

alienware777

Reaction score
Right now I have 16 open apps and it lags a bit. It's not unusable but it lags a bit. Is there a way to NOT let apps appear in the recent apps?

Not that I know off, but you can limit the apps that it can have open. I keep my GN set to have at most 7 apps. I don't even see myself using 7 apps at the same time, so even that is a bit much.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not that I know off, but you can limit the apps that it can have open. I keep my GN set to have at most 7 apps. I don't even see myself using 7 apps at the same time, so even that is a bit much.

Where is this setting?

OP
305rev305

305rev305

Reaction score

Yeah, where is this setting??? Tks

proangler

Reaction score
I've noticed it too. I hate the volume!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

oddllama

Reaction score

Are you talking about the developer background process setting? Mine only goes to 4...

I just noticed that you can swype the apps off the list and it quits lagging.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums