Receiving half and half texts over 160 characters

AprylJo1

Reaction score
I got my Rezound a couple months ago and it's been pretty good to me. That is until it started having really weird texting issues. First off, I'll get 3 or more of the same texts (from all different carriers and types of phones). Then, the thing that makes me te most mad is when my husband sends me texts over 160 characters, I'll get the first 160 from a very old and previously deleted message (deleted form both phones BTW), and the rest of the message will be what he's actually trying to send me. I really don't know if it's just from his phone (Droid X2) or if it's from any phone since he's really the only person that sends me long texts. Also, he had his phone when I had my Incredible and we never had this issue, leading me to believe it's my Rezound...

So is it just my specific phone, or is this an issue with all Rezounds? I can't find any info on it, but it's super annoying!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I got my Rezound a couple months ago and it's been pretty good to me. That is until it started having really weird texting issues. First off, I'll get 3 or more of the same texts (from all different carriers and types of phones). Then, the thing that makes me te most mad is when my husband sends me texts over 160 characters, I'll get the first 160 from a very old and previously deleted message (deleted form both phones BTW), and the rest of the message will be what he's actually trying to send me. I really don't know if it's just from his phone (Droid X2) or if it's from any phone since he's really the only person that sends me long texts.

So is it just my specific phone, or is this an issue with all Rezounds? I can't find any info on it, but it's super annoying!

Not sure what the reason is, but there are a couple alternatives that may work for you both. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.impossiblesoft.packsmstrial&feature=search_result is a tool that will compress text messages that are longer than 160 characters and allow messages up to 220 characters or more instead. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kandroid.mms&feature=search_result is another one and this one allows upwards of 450 characters. Both apps use a compression/decompression feature, Kyshmysh is a plug-in for the standard texting app, so you don't even know it's working. It needs to be installed on both phones. Packsms Free is a stand-alone replacement to the standard texting app.

Another option is to use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pinger.textfree&feature=search_result. I use it and love it. It's completely free and that means you can drop texting altogether from your phone plan. You can't use the existing phone numbers for your phones, but instead it assigns a free private phone number to you for texting only, so you actually will now have a voice phone number (your existing phone number) and then the new textfree number.