Receiving emails

jaxinaustin

Reaction score
I can't figure out why I am receiving emails on my Droid X so long after they were sent, sometimes a day later. When I send a test email from my computer, it comes right away. I have emails sent to push now, with 15 minute fetch backup. Any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't figure out why I am receiving emails on my Droid X so long after they were sent, sometimes a day later. When I send a test email from my computer, it comes right away. I have emails sent to push now, with 15 minute fetch backup. Any ideas?

in order to help it would be good to know what type of email you're talking about.

If emails are being forwarded to you through gmail, that may be why. Gmail will sense a pattern on emails from the email account being forwarded and check in accordance with how much email you're getting from that account. In that case you may want to try an app like K9 or Touchdown as opposed to regular gmail.

If gmail is your email account, then I don't understand it. Mine come instantly.

OP
J

jaxinaustin

Reaction score
Thank you, I will try those apps. I appreciate your answer so quickly.

pool_shark

Reaction score
If you have gmail retrieving your email from another account try having that account forward to gmail instead.

I used to have gmail retrieve my roadrunner emails and it did take a while sometimes just as hookbill says.

Then I switched to have my roadrunner emails forward to gmail and now they come instantly.