Recall Letters or Text From Note 7 Providers!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Has anyone got any recall letters or Text from their providers? I just got this from Verizon:

FREE VZW MSG: On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee. If you wish to return or exchange the device, please visit the store you purchased it from. When you return your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and buy another smartphone you will get up to $25 off any accessory. Learn more at [Statement] Samsung Will Replace Current Note7 with New One.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I got this text Friday from att

"AT&T Free Msg: Samsung has announced that current Galaxy Note7 devices may have a potential battery issue and are investigating the issue for potential safety concerns. Please return your device and any Note7 accessories for an exchange as soon as possible. You can get more details at www.att.com/note7"

I exchanged my note 7 for an s7 edge till they fix the issue and sent out new note 7s
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Yeah I didn't want to risk it....so swapped it till they fix the issue and release the fixed versions....I still get to switch back to the note 7.....really don't like the s7 edge at all so I hope they fix it soon.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Yeah I didn't want to risk it....so swapped it till they fix the issue and release the fixed versions....I still get to switch back to the note 7.....really don't like the s7 edge at all so I hope they fix it soon.

Was you phone overheating when charging? If not you would of been fine.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
There were times the temp was getting a little warm. Didn't think anything of it till this hole ordeal

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
All of my Notes got a little warm when charging. About 95 degrees. Once my Note 4 got to 118 degrees. It was an app causing that in had to remove. No other issues. The highest number Note 7 has gotten is 90 degrees in hand watching videos and 87 to 88 degrees while charging. I have not had any issues at all.

ngt

Reaction score
So what about the watch? I remember seeing a message that said if I returned my note 7, i had to return the watch or they'd charge me $179 or whatever for the watch. Well, I sold the watch. If I return the phone and get another smart phone, so I need to pay the money now?

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
So what about the watch? I remember seeing a message that said if I returned my note 7, i had to return the watch or they'd charge me $179 or whatever for the watch. Well, I sold the watch. If I return the phone and get another smart phone, so I need to pay the money now?
So you are not getting the Replacement Note 7?

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
There will be New Note Replacements in a week or so according to Verge!

ngt

Reaction score
Cool! Is there a time frame for this?

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I don't know. I know that Verizon is giving us to the 30th so I am hoping that I will have the new one before then. Really my Note 7 has been working like a champ. I have had no issues at all. No overheating or nothing. Love this phone. So I am hold on to it until the new one comes. As I said earlier Note 7 for a Note 7. No substitute!

ngt

Reaction score
I don't know. I know that Verizon is giving us to the 30th so I am hoping that I will have the new one before then. Really my Note 7 has been working like a champ. I have had no issues at all. No overheating or nothing. Love this phone. So I am hold on to it until the new one comes. As I said earlier Note 7 for a Note 7. No substitute!

Yeah, no problems here either. It was getting warm when I first got it, but I then i turned off a bunch of crap and limited background data. Never had a warm phone since.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Update Local Verizon Store told me September 14th the New Notes will drop! Tried to talk me into getting S7. So Next Wednesday I will be there to exchange for a New Note. I ask him will these be refurbished phones like a Insurance replacement. He said absolutely not because of the recall. It must be New Notes 7's replacing the old.