Reboot Razr?

shanimal92

Reaction score
I know the Razr doesn't have a removable battery so in case of the phone freezing or something like that, if i hold the power button down long enough will it shut the phone off? Like if your computer freezes and you cant hit the start menu to click "shutdown" you would just click and hold the power button to turn it off. the removable battery wouldn't be a issue if the phone had that feature. Just to let everyone know, the Droid Razr is $230 if your an existing Verizon customer and you want to upgrade your phone on Amazon.

willmiii

Reaction score
I know the Razr doesn't have a removable battery so in case of the phone freezing or something like that, if i hold the power button down long enough will it shut the phone off? Like if your computer freezes and you cant hit the start menu to click "shutdown" you would just click and hold the power button to turn it off. the removable battery wouldn't be a issue if the phone had that feature. Just to let everyone know, the Droid Razr is $230 if your an existing Verizon customer and you want to upgrade your phone on Amazon.

If you hold down the power button for roughly around 5 seconds it will bring up a prompt message with an option for silent mode, airplane mode, sleep mode and power off options. Obviously click power off to turn off phone. However if the phone freezes said options aren't available in which case you hold down the volume down button with power button for around 10 seconds which is how it reboots the phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mikera67

Reaction score
Hold down power and volume down, reboots, just tested it myself, cheers!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

breedingh8

Reaction score

To hard reset hold power and volume down for 8 seconds

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

Dunc

Reaction score
Yeah I've been forced to "test" this function out today. Just picked up the razr (coming from og droid) around 3pm today and literally about 20 minutes after I walked out with it, it froze while setting up notification ringtones. Since 3pm, it's frozen 3 times and each time these buttons have worked. It's not that big of a deal to me, but sort of annoying.

texmaster

Reaction score
Hold down power and volume down, reboots, just tested it myself, cheers!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

really appreciate this. Mine just locked up for some reason and couldn't get it back until then!

tc1

Reaction score
Yeah I've been forced to "test" this function out today. Just picked up the razr (coming from og droid) around 3pm today and literally about 20 minutes after I walked out with it, it froze while setting up notification ringtones. Since 3pm, it's frozen 3 times and each time these buttons have worked. It's not that big of a deal to me, but sort of annoying.

I'd take it back.

Mine has never frozen up once.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums