really starting to hate this phone

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rofl that is some epic funny stuff right there =)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a longer thread dedicated to an OP who clearly said he didnt want help...

And just for the record, it's a statistical impossibility that the OP got 7 faulty phone. I'd give him 3, maybe 4 on a really good day, but 7 is right up.

Read below

Ya know, its amazing, I come here with an honest issue and then someone else jumps in and starts crap, and now I am a moron/iphone junkie....whatever you wanna call it.

If its operator error, please explain how. I deleted all pics from my phone and retook the same series of about 12 pics....and three decided to reorient themselves on the phone. Two are rotated 90* and one (another pic of the Jeep I posted earlier) is completely upside down. I don't see how that could possibly be operator error.
I have one video on my phone I would like to save before doing a reset, but when I hook my phone up to the computer, I hear the beep, says its connected, but I can't find the device in my computer.
I will be the first to say I'm not a computer guru. I use a computer all day every day, but when issues arise....that's why we have an IT department. I came here asking for honest advice and will perform the suggested reset as soon as I can get this video off my phone.

First I want the name calling and OP bashing to stop. This guy didn't come here looking for trouble. He's having difficulties.

OP, we don't accept that type of behavior in this forum and I apologize that some rude comments came your way. The truth is however for some reason you're just not understanding the Droid. That many phones just all can't be malfunctioning. Also as you cleearly note this is your first smart phone. It may be a little too much for you and I'm not implying you lack intelligence. Just that you're probably better off with another phone. Good luck with whatever phone you do end up with. Unfortunately the Droid is not for everybody. Heck I can barely operate it myself and I have to ask for help frequently. If you are able to fix your issues with the advise that was offered great. But if it doesn't work out don't feel bad about yourself.

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Even you are getting myself and someone else in this thread confused. It was someone else who had 7 of these, not me. Everyone is getting me and this other dude confused.
I am on phone #2, I had my first one replaced when it would start turning itself off for no reason....and staying in headphone mode even after they were removed....and the only way to get it to work properly again was to reboot the phone.

Droids

Reaction score
adamsredlines,
When you connect the phone to your computer and hear a beep, did you pull down the notification bar and mount the sd card? The computer won't see it until you do that. Sorry if you already knew to do that but I wasn't sure.

If you are mounting it and the computer still doesn't see it, may be a driver issue of some kind and you may want to install the Motorola drivers on your computer. First link in my sig has them.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even you are getting myself and someone else in this thread confused. It was someone else who had 7 of these, not me. Everyone is getting me and this other dude confused.
I am on phone #2, I had my first one replaced when it would start turning itself off for no reason....and staying in headphone mode even after they were removed....and the only way to get it to work properly again was to reboot the phone.
OK. The headset issue happens on other smart phones too. It just gets stuck. Turning itself off for no reason may have been a bad phone.

In any case there shouldn't have been any flaming and that's why I jumped in. Sorry for the confusion.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
man adam - that tony guy really made this extra difficult for you... just know this is NOT the normal experience on this forum! :icon_eek:

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
adamsredlines,
When you connect the phone to your computer and hear a beep, did you pull down the notification bar and mount the sd card? The computer won't see it until you do that. Sorry if you already knew to do that but I wasn't sure.

If you are mounting it and the computer still doesn't see it, may be a driver issue of some kind and you may want to install the Motorola drivers on your computer. First link in my sig has them.

Yeah I did the menu to mount it, I figure its a driver issue....I'm probably gonna go by a buddies house tomorrow and use his computer.
Thanks!

R1Lover

Reaction score
Ya know, its amazing, I come here with an honest issue and then someone else jumps in and starts crap, and now I am a moron/iphone junkie....whatever you wanna call it.

If its operator error, please explain how. I deleted all pics from my phone and retook the same series of about 12 pics....and three decided to reorient themselves on the phone. Two are rotated 90* and one (another pic of the Jeep I posted earlier) is completely upside down. I don't see how that could possibly be operator error.
I have one video on my phone I would like to save before doing a reset, but when I hook my phone up to the computer, I hear the beep, says its connected, but I can't find the device in my computer.
I will be the first to say I'm not a computer guru. I use a computer all day every day, but when issues arise....that's why we have an IT department. I came here asking for honest advice and will perform the suggested reset as soon as I can get this video off my phone.

Please follow the instructions I typed up and all your issues will be gone. :)

R

Romple

This thread reads like a thriller novel.

Will the OP's Droid work in the end? Will it ever make it out of recovery? And where did Tony the Mystery Man go? Buried under 8 warrantied Droids? Stay tuned.........

warrior21

Reaction score
This thread reads like a thriller novel.

Will the OP's Droid work in the end? Will it ever make it out of recovery? And where did Tony the Mystery Man go? Buried under 8 warrantied Droids? Stay tuned.........
:icon_ laughup:

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Frustrations continue...

I did the reset....
There's still a pic that's orienting itself upside down.
Rotate it, and it still loads upside down on photobucket (just one pic, not all....but still makes no sense)
Currently when I try to open Messenger, Photobucket opens.
All I can figure is there's a glitch with Photobucket since two issues are PB related, but it still doesn't explain the pics turning upside down on their own from the getgo.

Droids

Reaction score
So, you formatted the sd card, did a factory reset, and tested the camera before re-installing photobucket... yes?

You have to start with a clean phone, and test it before installing any photo related apps.