Really good SBF flash question. WILL DONATE!1Q

oooitzalex

Reaction score
Say you did a SDCARD format and data format and factory reset/ data wipe.
Question:
Is it possible to reflash with rsdlite 4.9 and the sbf file if the E: directory doesn't exist because I think I might have wiped the whole phone.

When i tried to do the sbf rsdlite flash it just failed, it found my device, extracted the file into my C: drive like someone recommended and when i clicked start it said fail. I tried multiple times and tried to move around a few things but I'm really stuck this time. Somebody please help:droideris::blackdroid:

Also in the Android System Recovery <3e> at the bottom where all the command line is it says: "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command and when i select apply sdcard :update.zip. The command line reads "E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed, installation aborted. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you make sure your system version matched the sbf you were flashing. The update.zip you are trying to apply needs to be on the root of your sd card all by itself.

OP
O

oooitzalex

Reaction score
Did you make sure your system version matched the sbf you were flashing. The update.zip you are trying to apply needs to be on the root of your sd card all by itself.
there is no directory to put it in. once again, my WHOLE phone and SDCARD is completely wiped. When i select apply sdcard :update.zip. The command line reads "E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed, installation aborted."

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
once again, my WHOLE phone and SDCARD is completely wiped.

There is your problem you have no update.zip. I don't quite understand the problem you are having.

OP
O

oooitzalex

Reaction score
I found a nandroid back up I did(right after I rooted) using clockwork recovery and saved it on my computer. But there isn't a update.zip file. Just some system files and the .md5 file. Would that help at all? i'm really just lost. Since everything is wiped, wouldn't that mean that there's no evidence of Rom flashing or rooting then I could just get it fixed at Verizon right?

smmfc

Reaction score
If your showing a customer recovery like sprecovery then its till there you may be able tomplave thebentore nandroid file on your sdcard and just restore the backup
Its really hard to wipe all The files from the phone itself a wipe is like a master reset it only removes files you've place and restores to default

What males you think you wiped the whole phone? Rsdlite and an sbf file for your phone will replace the firmware on the phone so you wouldn't need to do an update.zip after its installed from your comp it should start right up

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

smmfc

Reaction score
Also when your trying to flash it to your phone is there the yellow triangle on your screen and are you sure your using the right sbf file?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

naked freak 1

Reaction score
Yeah......I just did the same thing......(except format sd).....3 nandroids and maderstcok on card but I couldn't boot into clockwordmod to flash them. Im no pro but I believe you will have to sbf. Your signature will change and google wont recognize you but you'll have your phone back. dancedroidAt least, that what I did. Worked for me. Gotta be sure to have the correct versions of rsdlite, sbf file, and drivers to match your bootloader. Im kinda wondering if you could possibly add ".sbf " to your nandroid and flash that? Hmmmmm? Google search "droid x sbf flash" to find the software. Good luck!