Really dumb question, but please help!!

glaporta

Reaction score
So recently my sleep/power button stopped working. It's almost like the inner-workings of the button fell into the phone (and I didnt even drop it). Since this happened, I have to slide my keyboard out to awaken the phone and take the battery out to reboot.

I'm going to call verizon today to request a new phone and have them send it to me as I am about an hour from the nearest store. My concern is this: I'm rooted. I know that this is probably a stupid question, but I need help restoring my phone back to factory setting and unrooting it.

I used Easy Root to root my device (Droid 1) and so I'm aware that I can just click "unroot" - but will this completely restore my phone back to its unrooted version? Or do I need to restore a backup like from when I wasnt rooted? Sorry if I sound confusing....I dont know all the correct terminology.

I guess my real question is: If I restore my phone to a date when I wasnt rooted (using ROM manager), and then select "unroot" on easy root, will my phone be free of all evidence that I had rooted?

And also, how do I do a factory reset if I NEED my power button to complete this process during the reboot phase? (ie - deleting all my apps, passwords, etc).

So sorry for the stupidity again - but this is really bothersome and would like to get a new droid from verizon without having them see I'm rooted.

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
You could just unroot it then go into the storage settings and do a factory reset that way id imagine itll fix it

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So recently my sleep/power button stopped working. It's almost like the inner-workings of the button fell into the phone (and I didnt even drop it). Since this happened, I have to slide my keyboard out to awaken the phone and take the battery out to reboot.

I'm going to call verizon today to request a new phone and have them send it to me as I am about an hour from the nearest store. My concern is this: I'm rooted. I know that this is probably a stupid question, but I need help restoring my phone back to factory setting and unrooting it.

I used Easy Root to root my device (Droid 1) and so I'm aware that I can just click "unroot" - but will this completely restore my phone back to its unrooted version? Or do I need to restore a backup like from when I wasnt rooted? Sorry if I sound confusing....I dont know all the correct terminology.

I guess my real question is: If I restore my phone to a date when I wasnt rooted (using ROM manager), and then select "unroot" on easy root, will my phone be free of all evidence that I had rooted?

And also, how do I do a factory reset if I NEED my power button to complete this process during the reboot phase? (ie - deleting all my apps, passwords, etc).

So sorry for the stupidity again - but this is really bothersome and would like to get a new droid from verizon without having them see I'm rooted.

Unroot should remove the root, just like it says. However I've never used easy root.

I know that if you download and install dmupdater12 you can remove root completely. You can get this at DroidMod.org | Insert a catchy tagline here. Now if it were me I would try easy root first then see what happens.