Read URLs from PC screen using Droid!

volando

Reaction score
Ok, this is too awesome not to share... I know the description clearly states this usecase on the app page, but I figure most people skipped it like I did, thinking the Barcode Scanner is only useful for shopping etc...

You can send your droid urls without going through email/sms or anything, makes sense for youtube clips or any complicated urls you don't want to type:

save the below bookmarklet (FF or Chrome):
Code:
javascript:void(open('http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=300x300&chl='+encodeURIComponent(getSelection()+""||location.href),'Qr%20code','width=310,height=310'))

whatever webpage you're on, open the bookmarklet -> a window will pop up with a 2d barcode. Scan it using Barcode Scanner Android App Review by AndroidTapp.com | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews

The Droid will recognize it as a URL and present you an option to navigate there!

medicTHREE

Reaction score
This is awesome but I seem to be missing something. how do I save this? I am using chrome

OP
volando

volando

Reaction score
just save a bookmark for whatever page you're on, edit it to have that code in the 'location' field and name the bookmark whatever you want, like "Generate DROID Barcode"...