Razr Screen

shortie43506

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues where their screen turned really dim even when on full brightness? Screen seemed fine then I went to check Facebook and the entire page was dim and I checked Droid Forums and it's really dim too...any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have auto brightness turned off.

Go to:

Settings -> Display -> Brightness -> Ambient Light -> Make sure Automatic brightness checkbox is unchecked.

Click okay.

See if that helps.

Some people have had issues with the In-pocket detection as well. Make sure it is unchecked (same menu as Brightness).

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Make sure you have auto brightness turned off.

Go to:

Settings -> Display -> Brightness -> Ambient Light -> Make sure Automatic brightness checkbox is unchecked.

Click okay.

See if that helps.

Some people have had issues with the In-pocket detection as well. Make sure it is unchecked (same menu as Brightness).

Some apps allow the screen to be dimmed much farther than the stock controls. Did you install Screen Filter, by chance?

There is also a "Display power saver" selection in the Brightness section and that will further dim the screen to conserve battery power. Un-check that as well.

OP
shortie43506

shortie43506

Reaction score
I normally keep my screen on automatic brightness and have never had a problem. Today when my screen got really dim i turned it all the way up and it didn't help. Restarting my phone did the trick, but it was restarted last night as well after some websites weren't working.

FYI i don't have any filters installed.

Thanks! !

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums