razr ringtone/notification problems

amitch45

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my 2 month old Droid Razr. The ringtones I have chosen do not play when I get a call or text message. It's not just the ringtones for calls and text messages either. When I set an alarm, it only vibrates, but doesn't play the selected ringtone. My ringer volume is all the way up, and the sound is on, silent mode is off. Even if I switch to vibrate, my phone doesn't vibrate when I get a call or text. Another thing that is strange is when I push one of the screen buttons (menu, home, back, or search), it doesn't vibrate. When I am typing a message or dialing, it doesn't vibrate when I type. When I press and hold on the screen, it doesn't vibrate, etc... This seems like an unusual issue, and I'm at a loss as to what is wrong. It's like my phone is stuck in silent mode even when it says it isn't. I've tried turning off the phone and turning it back on, but that doesn't change things. I haven't tried a hard reset yet, but am trying to avoid that. I've searched around but haven't found anyone with the exact same issue as me.