vibration broken?

urallmine

Reaction score
i just got a new droid today. i'm not a big fan of ringtones, so i always set my phone to vibrate. i noticed when i set my phone to vibrate by using the volume control on the side of the phone, the phone itself would vibrate when i set it to vibrate mode. now it doesn't vibrate anymore and it doesn't vibrate either when i get any calls. is it because the vibrate function broke or something?

also, i don't know if this plays into it, but the battery cover of my phone was really tight, so it was quite difficult for me to pull it off... i ended up pushing pretty hard to pull the cover up and the hinge went up a bit and really hurt my thumb. would this have any say in why the vibration doesn't work anymore?

BigRalphN

Reaction score
Dude, are you serious? What did you do to your battery cover? First, it is not hinged. It slides down and then lifts off easily. In fact, that is one of the only downsides is that without a cover the thing comes off too easy. As for the vibrate, others might have an idea, but I hope you did not bend the clips on your cover or it will never stay on.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
U

urallmine

Reaction score
don't worry. nothing is wrong with my battery cover. it is still super tight

BigRalphN

Reaction score
Good to hear it is ok. I wonder if they made them tighter in response to complaints. Mine and my sons would slip down and come off in our pockets, on use, you name it. We got ours on day one of release. I put a case on just to stop it. The vibrate issue is an odd one.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
U

urallmine

Reaction score
so i set my alarm to vibrate for this morning, and now all of the sudden the vibrate issue is no longer a problem. haha weird.