Razr plays notification sound NOT ringtone.

Tiger4Angel

Reaction score
Somehow my Razr got changed.. nothing new installed etc... it does not matter what I set the default ringtone to... it ALWAYS plays whatever the default notification sound NOT the ringtone... anybody know a way to fix this please and ty in advance

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Try this:
dialer (phone app)
Settings
Caller ID readout
make sure it's set to "ring only"

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Your guess is as good as mine. I've never heard of such symptoms but if I hear of any others, I'll be paying closer attention from now on.

Frood

Reaction score
Ringtone file moved or renamed?

I had this problem, almost did a factory reset to solve it. Then I realized that when the tech support called me, it used a ringtone, but not when I called from my land line.
Turns out I had assigned a specific ringtone to that contact, then moved the ringtone file. Instead of getting the default ringtone, the contact had none and the phone played the notification sound instead.
So, try checking the ringtones for your contacts.
HTH

Somehow my Razr got changed.. nothing new installed etc... it does not matter what I set the default ringtone to... it ALWAYS plays whatever the default notification sound NOT the ringtone... anybody know a way to fix this please and ty in advance