Razr not activating / showing up on account

PandaKey

Reaction score
Ok, so, I added my Gmail account to my new Razr BUT it's not fully activated (even though there's a SIM card in it). I am able to surf the web (on wifi) but it won't make any phone calls due to "the phone number not being active on the phone". Yesterday I posted about the Razr not having 3G or 4G coverage and now today this issue. I had dialed *228 on my Droid X to reactivate that and then I reset the Razr to factory settings, then re-did the Google info for the device set-up. I even went into my VZW online account to activate the Razr and SIK card and it wouldn't let me. I'm gonna have a Verizon tech check it out after work today, but I thought maybe someone here could help me. Thanks.

huskur

Reaction score
Power off the phone and pull the SIM out. Put the SIM back in and power up then go to VZW and sign in and activate it. Sometimes the SIM is not seated properly

OP
P

PandaKey

Reaction score
Power off the phone and pull the SIM out. Put the SIM back in and power up then go to VZW and sign in and activate it. Sometimes the SIM is not seated properly
Didn't work, I have to call tech support. I guess I'll just wait until I get to the local store that has techs on-site.

OP
P

PandaKey

Reaction score
It would be nice if the *228 number would work with the Razr, at least then the activation would be set and done.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can pick up a new SIM for $20 at Best Buy and $10 at Target (if they have a mobile department, which is actually Radio Shack). If you got a new SIM and logged into your account online, I bet it would work. Obviously that's not the quickest fix, but fyi...

OP
P

PandaKey

Reaction score
You can pick up a new SIM for $20 at Best Buy and $10 at Target (if they have a mobile department, which is actually Radio Shack). If you got a new SIM and logged into your account online, I bet it would work. Obviously that's not the quickest fix, but fyi...

I paid $10 (+ tax) at my local Verizon Family Wireless store yesterday for a SIM card, I'd like to not buy another one. If I have to, I'll just return the phone and get a refund.

huskur

Reaction score
I paid $10 (+ tax) at my local Verizon Family Wireless store yesterday for a SIM card, I'd like to not buy another one. If I have to, I'll just return the phone and get a refund.

You are kidding right? They are free from verizon. No fee association due to you being a current customer with a 4G device. I asked VZW store personnel and they told me if I bought a phone from ebay and the SIM isn't included to just stop by and pick one up at no charge. (that would be my back up phone)

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I thought Verizon stores give out free 4G sim cards

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
P

PandaKey

Reaction score
You are kidding right? They are free from verizon. No fee association due to you being a current customer with a 4G device. I asked VZW store personnel and they told me if I bought a phone from ebay and the SIM isn't included to just stop by and pick one up at no charge. (that would be my back up phone)

I saw they send them free online, but maybe I was charged because I went to a Family Wireless (certified Verizon retailer). I don't even care that I was charged for the SIM card ($10 isn't an inconvienence for me). It could also be that the phone was bought from eBay?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Corporate stores won't charge you, IF you activate it in store... in both of the corporate stores around me, they charge (I think) $20 if you just want one to walk out with... any other store - be it an authorized retailer, Best Buy, etc. - will charge 9 times out of 10.