RAZR MAXX upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich but exchange email folders will not sync

atomarchio

Reaction score
Just upgraded my RAZR MAXX on Verizon to Ice Cream Sandwich. My exchange email still works but most of the e-mails folders on the device are missing.

A few them are showing which is odd through. Why are they not syncing?

Anything I can do to resolve this? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Wraith

Reaction score
Wife and I both had yahoo errors after update. Had to factory reset to get working again.

Try deleting and reentering accounts first.

OP
A

atomarchio

Reaction score
I did delete and re-add the account but it still found the same few folders from last time.

And this is my exchange (work) email account. My gmail account (personal) works just fine.

So I'm not sure exactly what's causing the problem. Hopefully someone can help.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Just to make sure that I've covered the bases, you have tried to select the Inbox icon at the top (when you have the email open)and the selected show all folders?

As for the syncing, after updating to ICS it made all of my folders default back to Never for checking while syncing. Once your in that folder if you hit the menu button you can adjust the check frequency for that folder.

OP
A

atomarchio

Reaction score
Yes. The show all folders is what I am viewing when I can only see some of my folders.

I checked folders and they are set to sync automatically.

Still can't figure out why the exhchange folders are missing

nsain1

Reaction score
Have any of you set-up groups in the the 'People App' formerly the 'Contacts App' since the ICS update? I can not get any group name to come up in my To: when creating a new email or forwarding another email. I've tried deleting and recreating all groups and it didn't work. I've read about this being an issue on other phones since ICS. I've spent hours on the phone with Motorola and Verizon and they are absolutely clueless. This was a GREAT phone, but it is not anymore since ICS because I have to be able to email large groups of people but I can't. Suggestions?

nsain1

Reaction score
Nothing in there about 'Group' email issues related to ICS. I did try a couple of those things just to see if it worked, but no luck.:mad:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sorry then, that's all I've got. Others will know more and will help get you figured out :)