Razr Maxx shutting off while on charge

topjimmy

Reaction score
First night I had this phone I plugged it up to charge. Woke up the next morning and it was turned off. Had to hold power button and volume down button to turn on. Well within an hour battery level was at 63%. The next night i placed on charge. That morning same thing. Phone was off. When i turned it on phone was only charged to 83% This happened for a few more nights then I took it to Verizon. They turned off smart actions and told me to try again. Friday & Saturday night all was good. Now I woke up this morning and phone was off. Same routine to turn on. Phone showed 100% charge. Then with about two hours with little use was down to 63%?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Are you using the stock charging cable? If so then I have to agree, defective port or device.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
topjimmy

topjimmy

Reaction score
Yes. I am using the cable and plug that came with the phone. When I took it to Verizon the other day they told me it was because I had smart actions on. Well I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I am in IT and know bukk**** when I hear it. I will go there tomorrow and demand a new phone.

vldmrtlts

Reaction score
My wifes phone is having the same issue, but it will also do it while not on charger. Verizon Tech says its due to the adw launcher. They just did factory reset and she is trying it for a week without the launcher. Now I have the same setup and haven't had one problem. I'll update in a week and see what the result is.

OP
topjimmy

topjimmy

Reaction score
Well Verizon switched mine phone. So it is not a problem anymore.

mike4410

Reaction score
This happed to me. I got the phone with in the first day started shutting off every couple hours and it was hard to turn back on after going back to Verizon to replace the phone and within 2 weeks it started again I went again to Verizon to get the phone replaced or to get a fix they told me it is a known issue with Motorola devices which I've never seen before until this phone I was able to convince them to give me a s4 for same price. I told them I need the phone for work and this is unacceptable. They agreed. Loved the phone but 2 in a row having this problem cant take that chance

Last edited: