Razr HD Docking Station? Is there one avalible?

tc61

Reaction score
Since I use the phone as an alarm clock I need a docking station that will charge and display the clock function. Is there one out yet. I dont like the flip cradle on verizon site.

thanks

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've only seen the flip stand so far.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
I think the one for the tabs & various other phones with side connections is going to be the one for the Razr HD but Motorola just hasn't updated the compatibility list to reflect it yet.

I plugged mine into my Razr dock & it worked but bedside came up in portrait(since phone was oriented that way).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

natedogg11

Reaction score
VZW rep told me the Bionic cradle will work. I haven't tried it, but it's an option.

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
VZW sells one

Motorola Droid RAZR HD Accessories Reviews
This combo will set you back about $80, but it comes with the dashboard/windshield dock. The deskstand/dock doesn't have a built in plug, like what you're probably imagining, but if you've seen the Razr commercial, it's that one. It's made of cheapy plastic, but allows you to stand or lay the phone down.
As far as the desktop cradle goes, there aren't any magnets that puts the phone in dock mode. It comes with a special plug that automatically puts the phone in dockmode, even without the cradle.
If you really want to see one, go to VZW and have one of the reps take one out of the box for you.

Also, I found this one on Amazon too.
http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Multimedia-Station-Desktop-Charger/dp/B0078SU6RE

DJTURNz

Reaction score
did the flip stand come with the HD MAXX? Mine came with one, but I didn't see that as a "bundle" or anything.

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
did the flip stand come with the HD MAXX? Mine came with one, but I didn't see that as a "bundle" or anything.
Yes it does! Wait....do you mean the desk stand? I'm not sure what you mean by "flip stand"

Last edited:

DJTURNz

Reaction score
The one that the little arms flip out.

Also, in the MAXX HD section someone hacked an X2 desk dock for the RMHD.

parriad

Reaction score
Unfortunately motorola is not going to make a hd dock like the one that has been available for most of the other motorola droid phones. The only one that is going to be sold is the Media stand that the Verizon locations sell.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Unfortunately motorola is not going to make a hd dock like the one that has been available for most of the other motorola droid phones. The only one that is going to be sold is the Media stand that the Verizon locations sell.

Explain to me why I have 2 HD docks that work with my Razr HD then.

Read the 3rd post & for pictures see the other dock thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

UrbanLegend777

Reaction score
If you use the smart cord, the Maxx HD recognizes it and goes into desktop/nightstand mode or movie mode, whichever you select. The smart cord uses a mini USB plug that bends at a 90 degree angle. The Maxx HD will go into docked mode anytime you plug that cord in. I have found that one advantage is that you don't have to take the phone out of a protective case to plug it in, like you did with the other docking stations. The flip stand is nice but anything that holds the phone in the desired position would work just as well (search 'small plate stand' on Amazon for example), if you have the smart charger. At this time they don't sell the charger separately.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
The other docks have a removable snap-in that can be removed so you can use them with some cases.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2