Razr calendar won't get off Agenda; aggravation level increasing...

jakehalligan

Reaction score
as a quick follow up to another post i had concerning the headphone jack not working after update: drove 20 minutes to closest Verizon tech store only to have them tell me they don't fix that and i'll be getting a "new" RAZR in the mail. since receiving it, there hasn't been any issues w/ the jack. although, i will go to my grave knowing it was the last OTA update that dismantled it...

my latest issue is that whenever i press on the calendar widget header (today for example: 12 MON/MAR), it automatically goes to Agenda instead of month. even worse, when i click on the drop-down on the next screen (next to Calendar: Agenda) and select Month, it goes to Februray (the 28th to be exact)! then when i flick to get to March and press on the date, today for example, it goes right back to Agenda and a list of all my appointments up until February 28 even though i have weeks more entries. the calendar should default to the correct month and show just the day i touch. ie: 12 March: "change underwear/go to work/post new complaint on RAZR forum". there doesn't seem to be any box to tick under Settings to default to this even though that shouldn't be necessary.

never had this problem on my last RAZR or any other android device.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried to clear cache on the calendar app thru phone settings - apps - manage apps - all - calendar...

Zandar

Reaction score
I knew this isn't exactly the answer you're looking for, but in a way it really is.

Go to the Play Store (formerly Android Market; it's the stock app store) and download GO Launcher and the GO Launcher calendar widget. It's far more responsive and aesthetically nicer than the Motorola one (you can download themes, too). It'll take you about fifteen minutes to set and tweak the launcher how you want it, but it'll be like a while new device. Trust me.

Sliced from my RAZR

OP
J

jakehalligan

Reaction score
smalltown: tried that, no luck: clear cache was grayed-out.

zandar: that's what i did. still went to Agenda on first tap but now defaults to Month. great app.

thanks to both.

sutterml

Reaction score
smalltown: tried that, no luck: clear cache was grayed-out.

zandar: that's what i did. still went to Agenda on first tap but now defaults to Month. great app.

thanks to both.

Try clicking Clear Data instead of Clear Cache...that got mine out of Agenda mode.