Raw APK file----PC

FLE

Reaction score
A bit of help please. How do I take the raw APK file on my PC and make it into an QR code so that when I scan the QR code it will install the apk on my phone. I only said QR code as I assume its the quicky and easy way to get the file onto my D3. In no way does the APK have to be an QR code. IF anyone knows a better way I am open to ideas. What the deal is I have an APK file and I kept the APK due to if the file is ever taken off the net I will still have the file. This app was already taken off the google play, oddly after the app had been there since I found it back in Jan of 2010. Also I notice other apps I have are all of a sudden removed from the market, IE. "Tube downloader" So this time I found the actual APK file and saved it so I will have it forever. What I need is a way for my D3 to read the apk file on my computer and install the app, since I do sometimes do a factory reset on my phone. Any Ideas would be great. I come here as this is one of the forums I found back in 2010 when I got my Droid. Its also I think the best forums on the net. People here really know what they are doing when it comes to the Droid line of mobile phones.
so if I want an answer I come here to the source..:icon_ lala:

doogald

Reaction score
Copy the .apk file to your SD card and use the free market app Astro File Manager to tap the icon and choose "Install" from the menu when it pops up. You do need to allow third party apps in settings->applications first. You could use something like Dropbox to store the .apk file online for easy access if you had to remotely factory reset the phone while losing the internal storage/SD card data or something.

(Actually, since we are talking about the Droid 3, the built-in "Files" app will also allow you to tap an .apk file and install it.)

I'm not quite sure that a QR code can be crafted to automate this if the app is not in the market, though I could be wrong about that. I could tell you how to create a QR code for a market app, using this web site, though you could just save a link to the market instead: QR-Code Generator

OP
FLE

FLE

Reaction score
TY I was unaware that I could copy and manualy install the APK file. That is why I was looking for a QR code maker for my pc.:biggrin: