Ran a test today....

Spanky

Reaction score
OK, I don't like bashing iphones......wait a minute, yes I do........

I ran a test with my mom's iphone. (It's the one that came out before the 3gs)

I tried loading 5 different websites:
nhl.com
freep.com
droidforums.net
yahoo.com
ebay.com

The Droid won every time! In fact the iphone got a 2 or 3 second head start in my last trial.

HA!!!! put that in your pipe and smoke it iphonies!

Cheers to all.....in the Droid Militia.

J

JohnDroid

nhl.com
freep.com
droidforums.net
yahoo.com
ebay.com

The Droid won every time! In fact the iphone got a 2 or 3 second head start in my last trial.

I am amazed at the speed that websites load over my Verizon 3G... it's hard to tell the difference between that and my wireless.

Now some people may argue that there's just not that many data users on Verizon's network yet since they don't have millions of iPhones on it... but I believe that Verizon simply has a better network.

Getaphixx

Reaction score

nhl.com
freep.com
droidforums.net
yahoo.com
ebay.com

I am amazed at the speed that websites load over my Verizon 3G... it's hard to tell the difference between that and my wireless.

Now some people may argue that there's just not that many data users on Verizon's network yet since they don't have millions of iPhones on it... but I believe that Verizon simply has a better network.

I believe this cause their TV ads told me so... duh!!!

=P

J

JohnDroid

nhl.com
freep.com
droidforums.net
yahoo.com
ebay.com

I believe this cause their TV ads told me so... duh!!!

=P

My brother lives in the same house as me and he has an iPhone 3GS... his coverage sucks. In fact, funny story... he needed to send a picture to someone from his phone, so he had to email it to me (since his iPhone can't do MMS over 3G, only over EDGE, which he doesn't get) and I had to forward it to their phone via MMS from my Droid since it does MMS over 3G.... so basically, I told him that I would forward it via a REAL PHONE.

;)

True story.

OP
Spanky

Spanky

Reaction score
I realize that VZW's great network has a lot to do with it, but I just had to take a stab at apple, since our imac took a dump last month.

I like the Droid better overall, by the way. Not just because of the speed of loading websites.

J

JohnDroid

I realize that VZW's great network has a lot to do with it, but I just had to take a stab at apple, since our imac took a dump last month.

I like the Droid better overall, by the way. Not just because of the speed of loading websites.

When I saw the ads I didn't think Multitasking would be a big deal to me, but since I've had the phone the multitasking has come in so handy it's amazing. Downloading apps, while playing a game, while switching to texts and emails as they come in, without losing my place in the game.

The iPhone can't even come CLOSE to doing that.

superglen99

Reaction score

When I saw the ads I didn't think Multitasking would be a big deal to me, but since I've had the phone the multitasking has come in so handy it's amazing. Downloading apps, while playing a game, while switching to texts and emails as they come in, without losing my place in the game.

The iPhone can't even come CLOSE to doing that.
yeah I had no idea how awesome multitasking was. I was in the car with my bro and his iphone 3gs and I had Pandora running through the car stereo. I showed him how I can send a text, or surf the web or even get turn by turn directions all while Pandora is running without any problems or lag. I said can you phone do that? and he said no. icant, Droes does!

bacalao

Reaction score
Why is that so satisfying? haha
My cousin always used to embarrass my storm, but now he is humbled. And when the Droid evolves to take advantage of huge games like the iphone, there just won't be any reason to have an iphone imo, except for that ipod music experience.