Radio questions

LDB415

Reaction score
I'm searching and reading but there is soooo much I need to ask some questions too. Hopefully I can get more than do a search.
I found the following in another thread.

Typically, the radios in Motorola devices are near the head of the pack (right up there along Nokia). Samsung's radios, particularly on CDMA/LTE devices, tend to land near the rear of the pack. They'll probably improve somewhat with updates like sweeeeet said, but it's extremely unlikely that they'll ever be where Motorola's are at.

I have an S2 on ATT that is mediocre at checking email via 4G. I can initiate it and wait 30-45 seconds and once annoyed I can initiate email on my VZ HTC Thunderbolt and retrieve email and read at least the first email before the S2 even retrieves the email list.

After reading the above that makes me think it's partly better service with VZ than ATT but also partly that my S2 is junky compared to my HTC.

I am dropping ATT and adding another VZ line. My current suspects are S3, N2 and Maxx HD. My main interests are:
1 best display for watching shows on abc.com, tnt.com etc
2 battery life to not be awakened at 03:30 with the low battery alarm when I forget to plug it in
3 decent performance when I click refresh to check email.
4 decent case/carry options

So, any input will be appreciated.

OP
L

LDB415

Reaction score
Over 100 views and nobody can offer any input?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Maxx HD, hands down. I averaged 15-18 hours with the s3. I'm at almost 36 hours with the Maxx HD and my normal usage and battery is at about 40%

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Maxx HD, hands down. I averaged 15-18 hours with the s3. I'm at almost 36 hours with the Maxx HD and my normal usage and battery is at about 40%
+1 ^ :biggrin: