R.I.P. Teena Marie

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many knew who Teena Marie was. She was 54 years old and died in her sleep.

[video=youtube;lYVWoi72Ow4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYVWoi72Ow4]YouTube - "Lovergirl" by Teena Marie[/video]

markwebb

Reaction score
I knew her music and that song is still on my ipod workout list.
What a shame. 54 is young.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll save my RIP's for loved ones, or at least those who knew my name.
Ok, I hope everyone rests in peace. Not sure why you replied to this.
Haha this sounded totally messes up. I think mcatdtDroid meant something else...im not sure but maybe the message didn't contain complete thought. RIP Teena Marie, Sorry for replying to this but i know a family member who talks just like this, and completely doesn't mean the obvious. I hope mcat didnt at least... and back on topic I think this song is on my moms ipod, i remember passing it. At least she had her happy days, jamming tunes would be fun, expecially in front of a crowd.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I don't want to take this completely off topic so I shall keep it short. I'm another one of those people who speak as if I'm in my own world and it drives my girlfriend crazy because I come across heartless or cruel or mean or downright crazy a lot of the time, when all of that is furthest from the truth. Its hard to explain but maybe I belong in a mental institute for mad scientists (there you go Thomas Dolby, I told you I would fit that obscure reference into a sentence lol). Bottom line, I have to hold people's hands sometimes until the get what I am saying...or write it down for them.

Anyways, I vaguely recall Ms. Teena. Can't say I will miss her since I never knew her or her music, but I do know many others will and it is always a loss to go so soon. The best thing one could do who mourns a missed one is to get their name and story out to as many people as they can who already don't know, and maybe that alone can be encouragement for somebody else. The world works in unseen ways, so you never know. Plus, the Christian side of me would hope that she is enjoying the holy embrace as of now, while the spiritualist/scientific side of me hopes that she was able to trancend this existance and move on elsewhere as her consciouness lives on in pure energy.

Wow, I read this just to see who this person was, and I end up giving two seperate and unrelated mini sermons. Peace be with you ... Teena.