Quitting smoking.

Marco Montana

Reaction score
I quit March 1st 1999, after 14years the doctor told me smoking mixed with my asthma if continued i would have an oxygen tank at age 40... I tirned 40 sept 6th this year and feel great!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Marco Montana

Reaction score
I've been a smoker for 30 years or so. I quit a few times and started back up. Tried every prescription drug available, tried the electric smoking things, gum, cold turkey nothing worked too well. As for the smoking ban, I think it's pretty stupid. I'm not going to get into it because it just starts a big argument and I really don't care what others think, because it's pointless to discuss it, especially with non-smokers... I still smoke, will continue to smoke till I am ready to quit and I'll go outside during work when ever I feel like it. This is America, go f*ck yourself if you don't like it! :)

Baddog what was the point of hijacking this thread to exhibit nothing? The thread was about "quitting smoking" . Not about wanting people to quit!

That would be like someone making a thread about flowers and how much they enjog them, and you posting gow you run aeound the neigborhood stomping on them and pissing on the old lady maries tulips.....

Droid Incredible adr6300

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think he was refering to the op about the smoking ban. He's saying he doesn't respect the ban and he is going to smoke in public and enjoy it. That's just my take.

I too am a smoker and i've tried to quit a few times with no luck but after two bouts with bronchitis in six months I'm thinking of tryong again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Spaz you need to quit now while your young. Sorry for taking the nonsmoker side but you will feel a million times better and your body will thank you for it down the road. I have never smoked but I will help always encourage all my friends and coworkers to quit.

Don't hate me for trying to help people better them selves. And congratulations to all of you that have quit smoking for good. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

serveitup911

Reaction score
Using Varenicline (Chantix) + nicotine replacement therapy (patch or gum) is clinically proven to be the most effective way to quit. Good luck to those of you trying to quit! On average, it takes 8-10 tries before quitting is successful. I've never smoked, but just learned about this in one of my classes, so hopefully this info can help someone. My aunt was a heavy smoker who died of emphysema in her mid fifties, after needing an oxygen tank for years.

UNC

Reaction score
Using Varenicline (Chantix) + nicotine replacement therapy (patch or gum) is clinically proven to be the most effective way to quit. Good luck to those of you trying to quit! On average, it takes 8-10 tries before quitting is successful. I've never smoked, but just learned about this in one of my classes, so hopefully this info can help someone. My aunt was a heavy smoker who died of emphysema in her mid fifties, after needing an oxygen tank for years.

Chantix gives you lucid dreams, if you take a few right before bed you'll be tripping in your sleep. No lie.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Spaz you need to quit now while your young. Sorry for taking the nonsmoker side but you will feel a million times better and your body will thank you for it down the road. I have never smoked but I will help always encourage all my friends and coworkers to quit.

Don't hate me for trying to help people better them selves. And congratulations to all of you that have quit smoking for good. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

No I agree. My gf and I are going to try after the first of the year. Its been tough wth school and work. Not to mention I started when I was about 16... big mistake.

droider4life

Reaction score
I hear you man. I just quite cope almost six months ago, after 15 yrs. (Im only 30). My little boy was born and it gave me the strenght to quite. I also smoked for a couple years back in the day. But have always chewed. Luckily they make smokey mountain chew wich is no tobacco, no niccotine. It has been my crutch. Also sunflower seeds and candy hahaha.
I feel for all you guys and wish you the best of luck. I wish I could say I don't crave it anymore, but I crave it every minute of everyday, hell im craving it RIGHT NOW! HAHA.
I don't smoke cigarettes anymore, just shisha (look it up) and usually only smoke while gaming on the xbox or out at hookah bars with friends, but I am a dipper (Cope Black or Whiskey Blends were my favorite and Skoal Edge for now) and have been since college. I'm not so much addicted to the nicotine, but the oral fixation of having something to do. And anyone that tells me quitting smoking is harder than dip has never dipped. Right now I'm trying to quit it all and have the worst flavor dip to slow me down (Skoal Cherry).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

R66garza

Reaction score
I've been a smoker for 30 years or so. I quit a few times and started back up. Tried every prescription drug available, tried the electric smoking things, gum, cold turkey nothing worked too well. As for the smoking ban, I think it's pretty stupid. I'm not going to get into it because it just starts a big argument and I really don't care what others think, because it's pointless to discuss it, especially with non-smokers... I still smoke, will continue to smoke till I am ready to quit and I'll go outside during work when ever I feel like it.

I am with ya on the smoking ban. You know, people have been smoking publicly for hundreds of years and all of a sudden we are killing them off and giving them cancer with second hand smoke. Well if it is such a big deal then and they are so worriedabout people, then maybe the government should put a ban on everything that is bad for people. Think what the world would be like if there was no more bad food choices out there, no more alcohol and all that crap. Man the american people would be all against the smoking ban cuz they would be able to get their fixes on a greasy burger or a bottle. Just saying! Somethings work for people and some don't. The ecigs worked for me and many, whereas nothing works for you it will one day when you are ready.

R66garza

Reaction score
I've been a smoker for 30 years or so. I quit a few times and started back up. Tried every prescription drug available, tried the electric smoking things, gum, cold turkey nothing worked too well. As for the smoking ban, I think it's pretty stupid. I'm not going to get into it because it just starts a big argument and I really don't care what others think, because it's pointless to discuss it, especially with non-smokers... I still smoke, will continue to smoke till I am ready to quit and I'll go outside during work when ever I feel like it.

I am with ya on the smoking ban. You know, people have been smoking publicly for hundreds of years and all of a sudden we are killing them off and giving them cancer with second hand smoke. Well if it is such a big deal then and they are so worriedabout people, then maybe the government should put a ban on everything that is bad for people. Think what the world would be like if there was no more bad food choices out there, no more alcohol and all that crap. Man the american people would be all against the smoking ban cuz they would be able to get their fixes on a greasy burger or a bottle. Just saying! Somethings work for people and some don't. The ecigs worked for me and many, whereas nothing works for you it will one day when you are ready.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention third hand smoke, seriously??? Maybe if the local governments would start looking at things that need fixing instead of petty bullcrap, we would have lower unemployment, better looking cities, better all around. They have too much time on their hands if all they have to think about is public smoking. Maybe they should look at local immigration so to create more jobs and less unemployment. (illegals can't collect unemployment so if they controlled or tried to control immigration then more people could get off unemployment) ???? I will have to join another forum for that subject cuz it pisses me off.:mad:

Marco Montana

Reaction score
I think he was refering to the op about the smoking ban. He's saying he doesn't respect the ban and he is going to smoke in public and enjoy it. That's just my take.

I too am a smoker and i've tried to quit a few times with no luck but after two bouts with bronchitis in six months I'm thinking of tryong again.

I can only speak from my experience, and mine may differ but their was an amazing clarity after quitting smoking after about 1 month.

I'm a Road Technician for and Industrial Forklift company, I need to be quick witted and answer customers problems and complaints without stumbling around and searching for words " Uh, you know,well, Um."

I swear to GOD or whatever you may believe in, after about 4 weeks I started noticing I was thinking quicker like troubleshooting circuits was faster and easier, I found talking to customers I knew the answers before they finished their sentences... I sometimes think of starting smoking again to get all foggy just to stop and get that amazing clarity high again lol.

I mean I still have it but since I've had it so long I cant tell...

has something to do with the release of Dopamine Dopamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and it creates a calmness in the brain yet also inhibits the brain cells processes.