Quiet time

Bullfrog

Reaction score
What is the best app to set up a quiet time for my Droid? I want to silence the phone from 11pm-8am every workday (email notifications, phone calls, IM, TXT etc). I dont want the phone to continue to notify me of work email throughout the night. I would prefer an app because some evenings I forget to put the ringer on silence.

Thanks

Guchi

Reaction score
someone informed me that we call this the "power button" in an earlier thread

mbeatle

Reaction score
The "power button" is not an app that runs at a specified schedule automatically. To avoid the same annoying work email notifications, I just leave my phone charging in another room, but that's not what you asked for either. I'd like to have it in my bedroom next to my keys as well. The power button also doesn't help if the phone is being used as a nightstand clock.

Pdigg

Reaction score
Sorry I can't be of more help, since I use a manual profile changer (quick profile), but do a search in the market for "profile".

The first one that comes up "Profile Changer" sounds like something you may be looking for.

slick_499

Reaction score
Locale is an app that allows to alter the phone's setting based upon situational things from place to times. Locale for Android

- Within the app add a time condition for the hours you don't want to be bugged.

- If GPS enabled, the app recognizes where your at and can change setting based on that as well.

OP
B

Bullfrog

Reaction score
Someone suggested "Silent Time" on another forum. I downloaded it and will try it out. Thanks!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I put mine in the corner, facing the corner, kneeling, on rice, fresh from the box, in shorts.

Ya my mother was old school :)

Guchi

Reaction score
The "power button" is not an app that runs at a specified schedule automatically. To avoid the same annoying work email notifications, I just leave my phone charging in another room, but that's not what you asked for either. I'd like to have it in my bedroom next to my keys as well. The power button also doesn't help if the phone is being used as a nightstand clock.
ya i know but i asked this question already and that was the answer i got. thats all im saying

dremelts

Reaction score
I recommend a free app from Marketplace called ProfileChanger. It will do what you want.

lindzlou

Reaction score
I would like a sleep mode that would allow incoming phone calls and texts at night but not e-mail notifications etc. None of the above applications suggested in this thread appear to be able to do this...?

TinaG

Reaction score
Droid quiet time

I know there is a way to do this. I just bought the Droid X so I am a new user, but I stumbled on this particular feature where I told it to not notify me of any emails or texts between the hours of 11pm and 7am daily. Yet, phone calls can come through. I didn't download any of these apps mentioned to do it either. But now, I can't find where that feature is to tell you. Sorry it's not helpful, but I do know it's there.