Quickest/shortest route on Google Maps

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to change from the quickest route to the shortest route on google maps. I am going on a road trip and I also have a magellan roadmate that is showing a different route which is the faster one. I then looked it up on mapquest and it too is consistent with the magellan. I am just not seeing where I can switch if I can. I have researched google maps help to no avail.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to change from the quickest route to the shortest route on google maps. I am going on a road trip and I also have a magellan roadmate that is showing a different route which is the faster one. I then looked it up on mapquest and it too is consistent with the magellan. I am just not seeing where I can switch if I can. I have researched google maps help to no avail.

To the best of my knowledge the default is suppose to be the quickest way, not necessarily the shortest way. I've never done it but my understanding is you can change the routing somehow within the layers. Create a match up for what you're seeing on mapquest.

bennyj

Reaction score
After your route is displayed, hit the menu button, then select route info. on the map itself you will see an route icon. Select that and it will display multiple routes if available.