Quick way to delete multiple trash emails?

dbdroid

Reaction score
I have over 2,000 trash (deleted) emails in my POP3 personal email account. Other than checking the box and hitting DELETE, is there any way to delete the whole trash folder?

priest21

Reaction score
I came here looking for how to delete the trash at all, even one at a time. I go to my gmail trash and check the box but i'll be doggoned if I can find a way to delete even one. How do you delete one at a time?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

priest21

Reaction score
Okay I just figured out a solution for us both! But you'll need a computer. Once all your trash is in the trash folder sync up then go to gmail online. Open your trash folder and it's all there. You can check the box at the top that check boxes all emails. Hit "delete forever." Go back to your phone and sync up Gmail again. Voila, your trash folder is empty!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
@dbdroid: :welcome: from a fellow washingtonian!

I think priest21 has about the right idea, even though I _think_ you're not talking about using the gmail app, but the email app. If you need to delete your trash folder, log in with your computer and do it that way?

good luck

OP
D

dbdroid

Reaction score
Hey, nice to hear from the great Northwest!
Yeah, priest21 is right with the gmail. No problems with the gmail account at all. My problem is with my pop3 email trash folder on my droid. Even if I delete the trash email folder on my computer, the trash emails still show up in the folder on my phone. I hate spending the time deleting them one by one on the phone, but I think it's necessary since they must take up memory space somewhere on the phone. Any other thoughts?
Thanks teddyearp.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Since I never use just the email app, I don't know. I'll see if I can ask a friend of mine that does and try to get back to you on that.

OP
D

dbdroid

Reaction score
Thanks teddyearp. FYI, the deleted emails show up in both my personal pop3 email and my hotmail account. I have to go in to the trash folder and permanently delete all the deleted emails one by one. A real time-waster!
All your help is very much appreciated!

annetted

Reaction score
Can't empty the trash folder

I did not realize I had accumulated over 1,200 e-mails in trash and when I did, I tried to find a way to empty it all at once. Not only was I unable to do that, when I started doing it one by one, it crashes after about 20 or so and I have to "force close" the app. Anyone have a solution? There has to be a better way.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's something I pulled from another site...

"Set your phone so that it doesn't "delete the server's" copy of the email. All you have to do is never delete an email out of your inbox on your phone. When you check email on your pc, it will remove the email from your pop3 account and the next time you check email on your phone it will simply disapear from your inbox due to the fact that your phone's POP3 inbox only shows the current contents of your POP3 email account. This eliminates the trash folder on your phone completely because it has no contents and never starts to begin with. If you already have a bunch of email in your trash folder, just delete your account as others have stated before and put it back in."

Instead of deleting, you'd clear the data. That may do the same thing as deleting the account.