Quick question on restoring a backup

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just so I know. Say I made a backup in clockwork, now later on say I'm messing with something and my phone starts looping or something. How would I get into clockwork to restore my nandroid backup? Maybe a dumb question but just so I know! Also if I'm making a backup and something goes wrong (god forbid), I was told that I can just pull the battery and power it back up and it will reboot as normal? I mean I wouldn't have to sbf or something drastic like that right?

Sent from my rooted DROID2

*Luke*

Reaction score
A battery pull will work in most circumstances to get you back into clockwork... but, again, I say that with a heavy emphasis on "MOST" circumstances... lol it all depends on what exactly you were messing around with.

It may be best here to do some preventative research rather than focus on the "what-if's"

While its always great to know the what-if's, its generally always better to know the "how-not-to's"

For example:
-obviously, never flash a ROM that isn't meant for you phone
-when you do flash a ROM, don't use an alpha or beta of that ROM unless you know how to work out bugs and get your phone back to a functional state via every possible means.
-when you flash a ROM, make sure you always wipe cache and data first (some will say it isn't necessary, but if you want to be on the safe side....), and mount system and data before flashing (they will read "unmount" when they are mounted)
-don't ever set your overclock (or underclock for that matter, if you do either) on boot unless you KNOW it will work.
-and probably the best advice I can give you, make sure your battery is fully charged before doing any type of flashing.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So it won't reboot my phone normally, it will only put it back in clockwork? Once its in clockwork I can reboot right? I'm just talking about making a nandroid backup and the problems that can arise while in clockwork. I just want to be able to get my phone to boot in case there is a problem with the nandroid backup process

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still haven't made a backup. I just wanted to make sure I would be able to get back to a normal boot just in case something went wrong. I mean, is it rare to have problems doing a nandroid backup?

Reaction score
Yeah I never heard of anything happening. If anything I think it will just say backup failed... but make sure u give it time, some backup steps take long

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just did my first nandroid backup! I know its not that big a deal but I'm happy nevertheless.